Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 12-14-2011, 01:54 PM

Sulabug thanks so much for the great stuff. I don't know if you knew it but I am originally from Tacoma, Wa. The stuff from home was cool. Sorry i'm so late with posting but i came down with the crude and have been under the weather for a week now. I will post pictures later.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Just to clarify something, I too spent many years with one basic machine that clothed my family and decorated my windows. When my husband passed away he said he thought he left me financially comfortable enough that I could live in a way as not to have to work any more. I love my little home out here in the sticks and have no desire to travel. I have been blessed with a gift of the ability to sew. So I quilt for others on my wonderful machines and make gifts for my family. I certainly understand what it is like to not have any extra money, been there. Bless all of you, and you are more than welcome to come "play in my sandbox" and I will share my toys with you.
Yeah, off to Grann of 6 to play in her sandbox. (your an excellent sharer.) Although, can I get a rain check for summer. I am such a wus. I hate the cold. (Yeah, I know, what a wus.) lol, I don't even own a jacket.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Yeah, off to Grann of 6 to play in her sandbox. (your an excellent sharer.) Although, can I get a rain check for summer. I am such a wus. I hate the cold. (Yeah, I know, what a wus.) lol, I don't even own a jacket.
You are welcome anytime. I love to share my goodies. I will even share my stash!!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:38 PM

I received a very nice Thank You note/Christmas card via snail mail from my Swap partner, lelia!!! How thoughtful and made my day!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Frogquilter View Post
Sulabug thanks so much for the great stuff. I don't know if you knew it but I am originally from Tacoma, Wa. The stuff from home was cool. Sorry i'm so late with posting but i came down with the crude and have been under the weather for a week now. I will post pictures later.
Frogquilter, I am so glad that you liked the things that I picked out for you. It was so fun putting your package together. I used to live in Tacoma when I was very little, but then moved back to Yakima & stayed here ever since. Take care of yourself & stay well.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:12 AM

mmmh, macaroons sound yummy grann, I'll be over with coffee to join you. What a wonderful (now considered old fashioned) thing to do. I just know your cookies are probably enjoyed by all those wonderful people. That is the one thing I miss and love about a smaller town. Is there anything I can bring you?

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I guess they are pretty yummy. I don't eat many cookies, except the macaroons. I don't eat chocolate, but I give cookies to the mail carrier, the trashmen, and will take a big plate up to the post office for all to enjoy. This is a small community with only 8000 people in the whole mailing area, so I figure they will enjoy having them to munch on while sorting the mail.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:19 AM

Thank you CindyLuella,That sounds like how my family used to be. But, now so many are gone and spread out. (I wish I had that problem) But, this year, I get to share my daughters in-laws. And I'm sure they will more than fill the "crazy" longing. Because they sure do have there quirks. But, I'm going to thank god I have this opportunity to join family and overlook the crazy. Have a Happy Holiday. And, I know you will enjoy your crazy family holiday anyway.(what is it about the holidays, they either bring out the best or the worst in us.)

Originally Posted by CindyLuella View Post
Crazy family checking in here! My sister-in-law will eat 20 minutes before she gets to our house (after a 7 hour drive) saying, "The kids just couldn't wait." The kids are in their 20s and always look at her like she's nuts. Then she'll spend the whole time in a room by herself with the door closed.T

I always say it's a good thin my family can't get along. There's so many of us, that if we ever all agreed on anything we could take over a small country!

For those who are facing the dreaded relatives... May you be a duck this holiday season and let it all roll off your back!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 AM

Millie, you POSTED! I saw that gorgous stack of fabric in person. I think I can help you fill it out and we can come up with something fabulous, to make with it. It's like your SS channelled your taste in fabric to a tee. And I know you love to crochet in front of the tv. I know, you could make a nice needlecase for your crochet needles with the fabric. Or a table runner.(LOL) It's a good thing I told you we opened on the 11th or your little package would still be sitting there waiting to be opened. I see I'm going to have to update you a little more. (LOL) Well what are friends for. (tease, tease) I'm sorry I was slacking on the job. But, But, someone got me addicted to these turtles. Do you know anyone who fits that description. (LOL)Ack, turtles on the brain.

Originally Posted by nana20010 View Post
opend my santa box all most fainted the group of frabice is alsome trying to think of something to make with it. crochet thread and neddle come in handy. put my sewing kit in my truck to have needed 1 the other daay and did`nt have 1 so thanks for all wish you a Merry Vhirstmass
Old 12-15-2011, 05:34 AM

I'm enjoying all the pictures that are being posted. There's some NICE fabric flying from household to household. Can I come visit your stash??? Honest, I only lovvve to look. Well, (tease, and a big grin) I'm a toucher. I love the feel of fabric. I tell you what, I'll bring the chocolate and we can visit.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
mmmh, macaroons sound yummy grann, I'll be over with coffee to join you. What a wonderful (now considered old fashioned) thing to do. I just know your cookies are probably enjoyed by all those wonderful people. That is the one thing I miss and love about a smaller town. Is there anything I can bring you?
Well, if you come today, you can help bake gingerbread houses. I have 2 baked and 5 more to go. These are not little houses either. They are about 8-10" tall, so the kids have lots of room to use their artistic talents on them. They aren't fancy either, just one end with a door and sides with windows and chimney on roof. I melt hard candies to make stained glass windows. One year I forgot and the kids had a fit. So I MUST do that this year. Little 7-year old DGD called me yesterday to thank me for sending that quilt to Vermont in her name. Her mother is the wacky one. I did NOT get a thank you from DIL though. She was very cordial, is going to get lots of candy and goodies for the sleepover. DGD is so excited, says she will bring her sleeping bag. I may be exhausted from baking these things, but to see the kids having so much fun together is well worth it. They grow up so fast......