Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 12-15-2011, 04:03 PM

Hi grann of 6, I guess I missed out on the baking day. Sniff, Sniff, maybe another time. I was at a sew in working on turtles. Turtles here, turtles there, turtles everywhere. I will be posting more about them at a later date. That is so sweet that your little grand daughter called you. Seems like your grand daughter may be from the tree NEXT to mama. Maybe mama will come around. (eventually) Thats a real nice thing your doing. Someone will surely apprecaite your warm quilts this winter.

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Well, if you come today, you can help bake gingerbread houses. I have 2 baked and 5 more to go. These are not little houses either. They are about 8-10" tall, so the kids have lots of room to use their artistic talents on them. They aren't fancy either, just one end with a door and sides with windows and chimney on roof. I melt hard candies to make stained glass windows. One year I forgot and the kids had a fit. So I MUST do that this year. Little 7-year old DGD called me yesterday to thank me for sending that quilt to Vermont in her name. Her mother is the wacky one. I did NOT get a thank you from DIL though. She was very cordial, is going to get lots of candy and goodies for the sleepover. DGD is so excited, says she will bring her sleeping bag. I may be exhausted from baking these things, but to see the kids having so much fun together is well worth it. They grow up so fast......
Old 12-15-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Hi grann of 6, I guess I missed out on the baking day. Sniff, Sniff, maybe another time. I was at a sew in working on turtles. Turtles here, turtles there, turtles everywhere. I will be posting more about them at a later date. That is so sweet that your little grand daughter called you. Seems like your grand daughter may be from the tree NEXT to mama. Maybe mama will come around. (eventually) Thats a real nice thing your doing. Someone will surely apprecaite your warm quilts this winter.
Thanks Judith. The little one is more like her dad (my son) than her mother. I still haven't received a thank you from the sister or the mom. BTW for anyone interested, my blog is finally working properly. It is called Grannof6, Quilting with animals, on the QB. Check it out sometime. I am going to be putting the weekend gingerbread experience on there. Along the way I will be posting my quilts too. It should be fun. As you all know I am a dog lover and general animal lover, hence the animal part.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:59 PM

I have enjoyed looking at all the packages, thanks all for posting.

I am worried about my pal, she posted when she first got the package many weeks ago, but I haven't seen her since then, hope she opened it and liked it.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

I love seeing all the pics of what everyone got ! Hope to see more of them... hint... hint .....
Old 12-15-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
I love seeing all the pics of what everyone got ! Hope to see more of them... hint... hint .....
I know...where did everyone go !!!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 06:32 PM

I received a wonderful package from dd but I still can't get my new camera to play nice with my computer to post a picture. I've already told her how much I loved everything and she was a great Secret Santa!
Old 12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

Dreamer maybe they all are eating their chocolate from the boxes ????? I was hoping my Person would post a pic- she did post a Thank You- I found the neatest thing - it was a "burger" in a clear plastic container- and when you took it out the fabric made a table runner but in the box it really did look like a hamburger
Old 12-15-2011, 07:05 PM

Terri told me that my pal received her package.....but I still haven't heard from her. I'm one of the ones that went over the $20 limit....so a thanks would have been nice
Old 12-15-2011, 07:13 PM

That sounds so cool. I'll have to try to google it. Wouldn't mind seeing it.

Love seeing the pictures as well. I'm continuing to hang out and enjoy the company.

Dreamer maybe they all are eating their chocolate from the boxes ????? I was hoping my Person would post a pic- she did post a Thank You- I found the neatest thing - it was a "burger" in a clear plastic container- and when you took it out the fabric made a table runner but in the box it really did look like a hamburger
Old 12-15-2011, 07:20 PM

well where is the pic !!