Can't Sleep

Old 03-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

I got a pair of foam earplugs and stuff them in my ears and that seems to help, I guess I'm not hard of hearing yet. If I can't go back to sleep for a couple of hours I usually watch TV, fall asleep, wake up go back to bed and takes a while to fall asleep again. Seems this happens at least 1 week a month. I don't nap, afraid I won't be able to sleep at night.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:46 AM

This is how I sleep most every night.I'm usually up/down so many times, don't really feel rested.Went to bed last nt at 9:15,was in living rm at 12:30,back to bed at 2 & awake at 4....zzzzzzzzzz.

Originally Posted by Julianna
If I can get very warm I seem to fall asleep so I sit in front of the fireplace in winter and take a hot bath in summer. My problem is that I fall asleep, sleep about an hour or two, then wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep until about an hour before its time to get up! I've tried warm milk, wine, reading, meditating, sewing, computer, looking at the stars, etc. i even adked my doctor and was told its part of "The Joy of Aging!".
Old 03-13-2011, 03:01 AM

I have a serious sleep disorder, I wake up every 57 seconds according to the sleep studies. I never get to REM sleep/deep sleep. I've been on meds for so many years now that they don't even help me. I am now on the third day without sleep. I surf the net because anything else would wake my DD2 and DH. What I'd like to do is clean house so I can quilt during the day when the lighting is good. More than that, I'd like to sleep for 10-12 hours straight. My, those were the days. I'm only 52.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:08 AM

I can sew, that doesn't bother DH at all.....but never seem to do it.I can sit down & just stare for an hr :)before slowly coming full awake.Even OTC sleeping pills don't cause me to sleep a bit deeper, not longer.I'm a hopeless case !

Originally Posted by Rose L
I have a serious sleep disorder, I wake up every 57 seconds according to the sleep studies. I never get to REM sleep/deep sleep. I've been on meds for so many years now that they don't even help me. I am now on the third day without sleep. I surf the net because anything else would wake my DD2 and DH. What I'd like to do is clean house so I can quilt during the day when the lighting is good. More than that, I'd like to sleep for 10-12 hours straight. My, those were the days. I'm only 52.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:02 AM

I'm an isominac so you'll find me here or chanel surfing.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Magdalena
I start to visualize and believe that I am rich! I fall asleep because that will only happen in my dreams :)
Love this, Mag...I'm going to try it.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:28 AM

I don't nap either, But I take benedryl to help me sleep.
mikki
Old 03-13-2011, 05:28 AM

I am up in the middle of the night often and I come to the sewing room and play and read and maybe snooze in my recliner or go back to bed. I always hope for at least 6 hours of sleep. If not then it is a planned nap!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:50 AM

I read or watch tv. Ever since I retired I stay up late and watch some tv but mostly read. I still have to get up early to get m DS & DGC to school so I tend to take a small nap in the middle of the day.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:18 AM

I pray. Seems like I always fall asleep in the middle of my prayers.