Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Information Regarding Keepsake Quilting >

Information Regarding Keepsake Quilting

Information Regarding Keepsake Quilting

Old 01-18-2012, 04:44 AM

And the government wonders why the Post Office is in financial trouble. I used to do the newsletter for my quilt guild. One of our members failed to get her newsletter over and over; at least 4 or 5 times a year the post office would return her newsletter to me. We double checked and everything about her address was correct. To solve this, we put HER return address label on the newsletter so that when the post office didn't deliver it to HER, it was returmed to HER! We laughed and laughed about this! Can you believe it?????
Old 01-18-2012, 05:06 AM

I once lived in a gated community and didn't ever receive a specific large package from an Ebay auction. Although the item was worth over $50, I didn't insure it, because I won the auction for $10 and that would be all that insurance would have paid.

It did have delivery confirmation, which indicated that the package had been delivered. It is possible that it was delivered to the wrong person, but not likely to have been stolen, since our porch was hidden and neighbors were friends.

Anyway, I complained to the post office. After research using the delivery confirmation, they could determine who the carrier was that day. They told me it had been a substitute, and he no longer worked there. My loss.

On the other hand, in my home town there is a 94 year old man whose carrier usually comes into his house with the mail and checks on him.

There are good and bad employees, but customer complaints are one of the tools that supervisors need in order to be aware of problems. We just hope they can be effective in correcting the problems.

My pet peeve with the post office is that you get different answers (and rates) from different employees. If their rates and rules are so complicated that their trained employees can't get it right, how can we?

Dayle
Old 01-18-2012, 05:32 AM

I think you should start going up the management ladder telling them what has gone on till you get satisfaction. Is that even legal?
Robin in TX
Old 01-18-2012, 05:44 AM

I absolutely love KQ. Had the opportunity to go there several years ago. Their catalog is like a little bit of heaven when I get them.

As far as the Post Office goes. Well on January 4th of 2011 I sent some of my daughter's books to her halfway across the country. At the end of January when she still hadn't rec'd them I went back to the PO. I was told by a rude lady that 'it takes time"! A couple of weeks later I rec'd in the mail the top of the box with the labels on them and a letter indicating that they had become separated from the box. (I should probably explain that was no easy thing because I'm a firm believer in packing tape. The more the better.) Well to make a long story short, after several trips to the PO, having an insurance form thrown at me by another rude person at the PO, and making several calls (apparently even though I hand delivered the insurance forms and gave them (in an envelop) to the PO staff, the insurance company never rec'd them. I was finally able to totally bypass the PO and go straight to their insurance carrier who after only 2 calls finally sent me the insurance check. Did I mention I received the check just before Christmas 2011!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:49 AM

Love Keepsake Quilting, too. I used to go there when I lived on the East Coast...really do miss those trips! I shop there with their catalog in my hand every month! Service is always great!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:02 AM

I don't think the postal service will deliver if they can't get to your mailbox. I believe the rules say they are "not
allowed" to get out of their trucks. That's what they said when I complained. Since you live in Wisconsin, I figure
you might have snow.... I got a "quilty"package the other day that fit in the mailbox so perfectly I had to get
2 screwdrivers to insert on the sides and slowly inch it out! By the way, Keepsake IS my LQS.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:05 AM

As a retired city carrier, I can assure you there's not much point in going the ladder with complaints. Probably the person above the postmaster only cares about the numbers (how fast a carrier can get around a route so they can carry part of another route because they have not replaced several carriers who retired). The computer tells them how fast a route should be carried each day even before the mail and packages are sorted. The computer is never wrong, not, so carriers are harassed constantly every day. Carriers who have been employed for a long time tend to take the time to deliver properly but newer hires are afraid of being fired so they hurry around, taking short cuts whenever possible and fail to give their customers service. Service is not a part of the USPS anymore. They are delivering after dark some days because they are not adequately staffed. Ever try to walk and read in the dark. There are ways of cutting costs without cutting service. Cut out the big shots behind the computers who have never carried a piece of mail much less in the dark or terrible weather conditions. Off my soap box for now
Old 01-18-2012, 07:35 AM

Never had a problem with packages but the post office near my office has a problem with ceritifed letters.
Making no attempt to leave at the office and no notice in the box. We sent out one with a very large check that got lost for six months before it was returned to us. I have complained to the local postmaster several times and got no where. The mailman reports that he left notices and the postmaster takes their word for it. The attitude seams to be why do you job because you can't get fired and why should you have to do the work to get your paycheck. And the postoffice wonders why it is losing money
Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 AM

wow, I first thought that this was an isolated situation but after reading what others have experienced I am so shocked. In all the places I have lived (when I was married, we moved 17 times in 15 years) I have never had trouble with the PO delivering anything or picking up my mail. So I guess I am counting my lucky stars that I am getting good service from the PO.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 AM

Wish everyone had the same good postal workers we have in McCrory. They go over and beyond what is required.