Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Terrible mistake- [Update] - All Fixed - See Post #97 >
  • Terrible mistake- [Update] - All Fixed - See Post #97

• Terrible mistake- [Update] - All Fixed - See Post #97

Old 08-24-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Reb
    I may be dense on this but I might do this sometime so I'll ask a question. How can she take apart a quilt that is already quilted and have the quilting still look good?
    I have done it (many!) times! This quilt looks like it is a medium meander. If I was to pick out the stitches, I would un-quilt it , leaving as long a tail at each end for reference as I could. Pick out the piecing, repiece, layer, and then bury each tail starting to quilt where I ended. If I didn't think I could join up to the other tail, I would quilt from the end to the edge and then do the same with the other tail of stitching. If the ends are buried, you might never see it again.
    Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM
    Power Poster

I would definitely do a fix of some kind. The quilt has a mistake, no getting around it.
    Old 08-24-2013, 12:40 PM
    Power Poster

1) I agree - there is a mistake in that corner -
    2) I disagree - that it is terrible, it is not - it is fixable - and from what people have said, a bit of a bother, but definitely not the end of the world.

It would drive me nuts to leave it like that.
    Old 08-24-2013, 12:44 PM

Default Give it a name...

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    1) I agree - there is a mistake in that corner -
    2) I disagree - that it is terrible, it is not - it is fixable - and from what people have said, a bit of a bother, but definitely not the end of the world.

It would drive me nuts to leave it like that.
    The Falling Star...it was on purpose...
    Old 08-24-2013, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by GingerK
    The person receiving the quilt will probably never notice or think that the pattern was meant to be that way. The real question is: Can you live with the error or will it always bother you? Your answer will tell you what to do.
    I totally agree with this quote. It might take a while to take it all out but not nearly as long as it will bother you if you don't.
    Old 08-24-2013, 01:18 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by maryb119
    First off...Your quilt is beautiful! It looks like you just turned around 2 sections. If it were mine...I would carefull take out the quilting in just this area, sew the pieces int he right place and then requilt it. It's not as bad as you think. We have all done this. I love your quilt and the design. Don't beat yourself up over this. Just remember...there are never any mistakes in qujilting...only creative adjustments. I'm sure the person recieving this will love it!
    As much trouble as this sounds....this would be my solution. I would be dissatisfied with anything else. Luckily, this is just a small area. Wish you luck. And I definately agree that the quilt is beautiful.
    Old 08-24-2013, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
    First off...Your quilt is beautiful! It looks like you just turned around 2 sections. If it were mine...I would carefull take out the quilting in just this area, sew the pieces int he right place and then requilt it. It's not as bad as you think. We have all done this. I love your quilt and the design. Don't beat yourself up over this. Just remember...there are never any mistakes in qujilting...only creative adjustments. I'm sure the person recieving this will love it!
    I have to agree. Look at the bright side, it is on the edge of the quilt. I have done something similar twice, both times the problems was close to the center of the quilts, one I didn't notice until the binding was done!
    Old 08-24-2013, 01:50 PM

I agree with the applique. So it won't look like an after thought I'd do an eagle and perhaps another or two other American symbols. I definitely would not rip out the quilting. Good luck.
    Old 08-24-2013, 01:54 PM
    Power Poster

Suggestion by maryb119 sounds good!
    Old 08-24-2013, 01:57 PM

may cut bottom right corner out make two new stars and requilt