Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you head to a warmer place this time of year? >

Do you head to a warmer place this time of year?

Do you head to a warmer place this time of year?

Old 02-19-2014, 04:59 AM

I am one of this whack jobs who likes winter. Having said that, I'm heading to a 4-day conference that's being held in San Diego :-)
Old 02-19-2014, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
I am one of this whack jobs who likes winter. Having said that, I'm heading to a 4-day conference that's being held in San Diego :-)
Well if it's this coming week you will be if for treat looks to be in the 70's all week. I hope you get some time to enjoy our beautiful city. We are in a terrible drought so we are drier and not as pretty as we could be.

Ya I'm another one that stays for the winter I am a weather sissy it gets below 60 and I whine like a 2year old. So even with our very mild winter we take at least one vacation to the sun over the winter months.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:36 AM

I love the season changes and cannot imagine living anywhere else. Granted it is a lot easier now that I don't have to go to work -- I can stay home and sew.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:10 AM

Just got back on Friday from a 4 day getaway to Cancun with my DH. It was awesome to wake up & see sun instead of snow and feel warm instead of shivering! We went to an all inclusive resort, first time, and I must say I was impressed. Never had to do anything but shower, sun, read, eat and repeat! Going to the sun really refreshed me. Ready for spring!! :-)
Old 02-19-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Wildernessties View Post
I'm just curious what others do and where they may head this time of year? We live in the Adirondack Mtns of northern NY and it has been a very cold winter. For a few winters we went to Florida but the last several we have stayed in NY. After all the below zero temps this past month, we are once again thinking of finding a warmer place for a month or two next year. I thought I'd post this in the hope of getting some good ideas for a destination that is warmer, not too crowded, not too busy and not too pricey. In other words - probably the same thing most others would look for - something for nothing <label for="rb_iconid_6"></label>
I nearly can't stand to be away from my house overnight, much less a month or two! I have a friend who goes to a warmer clime from January through February. It's by the beach at the Gulf of Mexico and every year they've been there, they've had cold weather, once a freeze that kept them in their apartment for several days, and rain. I would rather be home in a warm, familiar house with all my sewing and cooking and scrapbooking equipment than anywhere else, no matter the outside conditions. froggyintexas
Old 02-19-2014, 11:55 AM

We just recently arrived in the Amazon in Brazil for 6 weeks. It is hot and humid here....not used to the humidity anymore! Give me dry weather any time....but it is really beautiful here. Can't wait to get out and explore!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:48 PM

I would love to go to the Caribbean, sit in the sun, drink pina coladas and dream sunny dreams. However, my DH would burn to a crisp and whine all the time we were there that it is too hot and sandy and the drinks are too sweet. LOL
Old 02-19-2014, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by ladydukes View Post
We just recently arrived in the Amazon in Brazil for 6 weeks. It is hot and humid here....not used to the humidity anymore! Give me dry weather any time....but it is really beautiful here. Can't wait to get out and explore!
Nice, good for you my dh and I spent 5 weeks in Costa Rica it was amazing loved having the time to explore and learn about the locals. Have fun Brazil is on my list too.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:24 PM

I Am from Minnesota, came to Mesa, AZ for the month of Feb, So far we really like it here. Have never left Mn for the winter before but will probably go some where again next year. Mesa is a nice place but I like to check out different areas, so may go to LA or TX next year.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:44 PM
Power Poster

Like Craftygirl, I am in Perth Western Australia. 37C today and humid as! If I went away even for a few days, our hilltop garden would suffer without the hand-watering I do this time of year. The easterly winds we get are strong and drying. Mind you, every year during the summer, my husband and I check out properties "down south" where it's cooler (not a hint of snow though!).