Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you a pattern junkie? I am. >

Are you a pattern junkie? I am.

Are you a pattern junkie? I am.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:47 AM

I like to collect quilting patterns that "I might do" someday. They are printed out, placed into page protectors, then filed alphabetically in many, many loose-leaf notebooks. The drawers in my sewing room are filled with period costume patterns. Do I plan to use them? Most likely not, but they are fun to collect and read occasionally. Alas, it's the same with the quilting patterns and resources: I look through them and admire them, but that's about as far as it gets. Sigh!!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:26 AM

Onebyone, can you help those of us who don't know how to save to Pinterest. I too am drowning in patterns and even have a difficult time locating them on my computer. Should have been born a few years later like the grands, then I would have all this knowledge they have about using this technology. Problem is, they all live hundreds of miles away and when i get to see them we don't talk computers. :-)
Old 02-26-2016, 05:27 AM

Guilty as charged. I have them on the computer in specific folders, in 3 ring binders (a whole 30" shelf by category) and patterns that I have purchased in a couple boxes in the closet. I went through all of the paper copies recently and threw out many I had printed and took some things to Goodwill. However, I still have tons. I probably won't make 1%, but I do look at them for inspiration and do pull a specific pattern to make occasionally. We have the room, so why not have a library available at our fingertips to browse at our leisure.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:48 AM

Yes..I have magazines, printed patterns from websites and I also cut out pictures from quilting catalogs. I know that I won't do all of them but use them as a guide for making a quilt without a pattern.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:53 AM

I print them out and put them in a binder. I have filled one binder and have a stack printed that will fill another! I put them in plastic pocket sheets. I also have three magazine holders filled with counted cross stitch patterns, a four drawer wheeled plastic cabinet with counted cross stitch kits. And at least 10 quilt kits not yet opened. I like to tell myself I can't die until they are all done!!! LOL!
Old 02-26-2016, 07:03 AM

running 1, I hear you loud and clear. I do the same thing. My only problem is that when I download my favorites, I can't seem to find them again. They never download with names, just numbers. I go through them once a month and delete the ones I really don't like. The ones I do like I rename them so as I can find them again.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:22 AM

I copy mine to cd's.and label the cd's.I only copy ones I think I'll be doing in the future.Otherwise ,I have over 200 craft patterns in my downloads saved.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

I don't save many patterns on my computer, however, I am guilty of printing them out, putting them in binders or boxes, then not taking them out for months. I'm trying to do better, putting patterns I want to make in the near future into a folder that I keep by my sewing machine. Sometimes that works. LOL.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:05 AM
Banned

I AM a pattern junkie. In fact just received 2 new patterns in the mail
yesterday.

One pattern is the Spicy Spiral, and the other is the Snappy Splendor.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:14 AM

Save them to a thumb drive....you wanted them for a reason. I look through my pattern files just to be happy!