Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017 >
  • Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017

• Virtual Quilitng Weekend--September 1-4, 2017

Old 09-01-2017, 06:05 PM

I'm in for part of the weekend, today I had to work tomatoes, picked about 18 lbs of the things! This is our third or forth harvest and we only did 13 plants. Don't think I will have to buy any this winter. Will show pic's tomorrow, I will be working on Noah's Star Wars quilt which has to be done next month. Have a wedding in the afternoon so only morning sewing tomorrow then have all afternoon and evening on Sunday and part of the day Monday. Everyone's projects are awesome love all the eye candy! Thanks for the VQW Raggiemom.
    Old 09-01-2017, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter
    Wow, every quilter is so busy already! Macybaby, I love your Irish chain quilt!!

No quilting for me this weekend as..... My Baby Girl was born this morning!!!! I'll try to post a picture of her in the personal announcement section.
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!
    Old 09-01-2017, 06:18 PM

Overlooked this event. But, didn't miss it. Today did binding, rod pocket and label on 3 very small projects. pics later.

Harvey is reeking water havoc in center of nation. In California it's record temperatures and wild fires. I've been inside most of the day and my eyes still hurt. One time today while outside I could see where the fire was burning, it was that close. And the heat is to last 2 more days, before we'll finally get a 10 degree drop. It'll still be in the triple digits.
    Old 09-01-2017, 07:09 PM

I'm in! I just got the Sweet Autumn Stars quilt kit from Missouri Star and I'm going to get it done to use with my fall decor. I also have a potato chip quilt to finish up.

In cooking news, I got a bushel of New Mexico green chilies roasted today and will be making a huge pot of green chili for the weekend and some to freeze. It's my favorite fall food!

Happy quilting everyone!
    Old 09-01-2017, 07:26 PM

I'm working on the backing of a throw for my sister......having to be creative because I either made the throw too big or I didn't buy enough fabric.....ever happen to you?
    Old 09-01-2017, 07:54 PM

count me in! Worked all day today and then the local high school ballgame--but tomorrow I plan to do some practice pieces on the long arm and then hopefully load a quilt of my own (having some stitch problems so have to get that figured out first) and if can't figure out the issues on long arm I will be working on samples for a quilt class.
    Old 09-01-2017, 08:10 PM
    Power Poster

Working on several small projects to give away at Christmas. No pictures right now though.
    Old 09-01-2017, 08:11 PM

I'm in love with that peacock quilt!

I spent today cutting up 5" and 9 1/2" squares for I spy quilts (for myself and swapping) instead of working on the project I really needed to do (but the I spy fabric was in the way :P ) Tomorrow I plan to cut up the pieces for some "present" blocks for the Winter swap, and hopefully start piecing them. It will just depend on how much work gets in the way of my progress.

After that, I have a postcard to work on, as well as a mug rug. Then back to my donation quilts.

This is one I just finished for donation to Meals on Wheels:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579915[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 21167849_1645877895442990_7012749756979700882_o.jpg  
    Old 09-01-2017, 08:19 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

A dear friend dropped off two quilts that her sister had made--everything done but the binding. Fortunately, the remnants of Harvey came in and dropped the temp 20 degrees so it is binding weather. One done; one half done. Then I am going through all the completed quilts and donate some for Harvey victims. Maybe if there is still time I can finish up one or two of the six quilts in the "waiting to be quilted pile". Haven't gotten much sewing done this summer because I have been teaching bridge lessons almost every morning and playing almost every afternoon, and I am president of the WNC unit this year. Just wait until January--I am going to be a sewing fiend!
    Old 09-02-2017, 02:35 AM

Cathy, Love those kitties. Marcia