Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
9-Patch maddness. what a mess?? What would you do? >

9-Patch maddness. what a mess?? What would you do?

9-Patch maddness. what a mess?? What would you do?

Old 03-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Yes I could but gonna add 2 more rows. I do love these blocks.

Originally Posted by RuthiesRetreat3 View Post
So instead of 4 x 5, it is now 5 x 4? Can you turn it sideways?
Old 03-09-2018, 02:08 PM

Or take one block off each row and put on the bottom.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:27 PM

I wouldn't hesitate to unstitch that one side and move it. You'll be done before you know it. I've done much worse when I didn't like something about one of my hit or miss creations. At the moment I'm seriously considering the possibility of adding a whole row to an already finished and bound quilt, but somebody should probably stop me.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:29 PM

By the way, I love your design! It will be worth the extra trouble.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:38 PM

Thank you, I got 4 blocks made today, this is an awesome quilt. I do love how it goes together, who cares if the cows are running sideways??
Old 03-10-2018, 03:38 AM

If the top, as it appears now, bothers you, you need to determine how you're going to fix it to satisfy the intentions you had in the first place. Once you've accomplished that, if you still need a border, then apply the borders, and move forward. I'm a relatively newby, so if this doesn't solve your problem, just ignore this post. I think I know what's bothering you -- you want your borders to be the same size, and I do understand that. The only way that's going to happen is if you take the one row off, so it can be made into the other fifth row you need. Then you can add your borders, if that's what you designed this quilt to do. I know no one likes to rip, but sometimes, we just have to bite the bullet and rip!
Old 03-10-2018, 06:29 AM

Thank you, I have decided to make it a bit bigger than I'll add my finale border. I don't mind a little bigger as I do love this block.

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz View Post
If the top, as it appears now, bothers you, you need to determine how you're going to fix it to satisfy the intentions you had in the first place. Once you've accomplished that, if you still need a border, then apply the borders, and move forward. I'm a relatively newby, so if this doesn't solve your problem, just ignore this post. I think I know what's bothering you -- you want your borders to be the same size, and I do understand that. The only way that's going to happen is if you take the one row off, so it can be made into the other fifth row you need. Then you can add your borders, if that's what you designed this quilt to do. I know no one likes to rip, but sometimes, we just have to bite the bullet and rip!
Old 03-10-2018, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by alikigirl View Post
I too have been planning to do the nine patch madness quilt. When using directional prints, you don't need to turn the 2 corners upside down, just move the top right to the bottom left keeping the same orientation, and then of course move the bottom left to the top right. These pictures show 1) original block, 2) sliced block, 3) corners turned WRONG, and 4) corners just swapped.

Alikigirl, your explanation is clearer than mine (reply#19. Thanks for sharing!

Buddy's Mom, I will be working on the full layout but I won't be home for this afternoon. But a picture will be on its way as soon as the layout is done.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:01 AM

I love this quilt, it says I'm happy!! You could do any color border and it will be lovely and lively

'