Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Silly question - How do you refer to a cat or a dog besides "cat" or "dog"? >
  • Silly question - How do you refer to a cat or a dog besides "cat" or "dog"?

• Silly question - How do you refer to a cat or a dog besides "cat" or "dog"?

Old 05-30-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by rainbowzebra
    Loved reading all these posts. I'll start by telling you all I am one cat short of crazy, with that being said we feed 14 cats at the moment.I thank God everyday for them but also pray nobody dumps any more off in our area.
    Ugh! You're a good human to take care of them. Any chance there is a TNR group in your area? (Trap, Neuter, Release) At least the numbers could be kept down... It's awful how many dumped pets there are out there.
    Old 05-30-2018, 10:16 AM

They are all neutered except the new one we took in I think in January who gave us 4 kittens in early April and she has an appointment June 8th, and two males who are really wild, they run at the site of us, but I see them in the food dish. And now of course the 4 kittens. Will have to look into some place to get some reduced cost but they are up for adoption in about 2 more weeks. Like I said "one cat short of crazy" here, just can't stand to see them hungry and homeless.
    Old 05-30-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshirepat
    Ugh! You're a good human to take care of them. Any chance there is a TNR group in your area? (Trap, Neuter, Release) At least the numbers could be kept down... It's awful how many dumped pets there are out there.
    Totally agree with this sentiment. I care for animals in my charge, but I have had it with this anthropomorphic attitude with/to animals.
    Old 05-30-2018, 10:28 AM

People that dump animals or abuse them should be shot in my opinion.
    Old 05-30-2018, 11:20 AM
    Vir

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    In my family:

Cats were/are: felinis, puddies, catlets, meows

Dogs: furface, puppy, doglet

Do you - or your family members - call them "silly" names? (besides their "assigned" name such as "Her Royal Majesty, the Princess Cat")
    We call our Ginger cat Little-Lord-Flaunt-Your-Voice because he sounds like a lion prowling the Serengetti in the middle of the night !!!
    Old 05-30-2018, 12:02 PM
    Power Poster

As I have no human kids my pets are like my children to me in terms of how much I care about them and how much they enrich my life. But I like my dogs (and cats) big so no I don't carry them around. Dog, aside from their names and nicknames are often refered to as "pupsters". Cats are often referred to as "highness" or "your royal highness". They do fancy themselves royalty but I won't hesitate to use my spray bottle when needed.
    Old 05-30-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by M.Elizabeth
    I agree. Leave the baby at home!
    especially when you go into a store and see them peeing on the floor at the food shelves (really happened in a CVS) or licking produce (grocery store); and nibbling, pooping, etc. that I have seen in other stores. I have literally observed these happening in various stores. It is disgusting but stores can't or won't) do anything any more because it could be a 'therapy' animal. I think 'therapy' animals, , gerbil, snake, tarantula, rat, etc., should be trained and certified the same as any service dog. Yes I have seen these animals being claimed as being needed for 'therapy'. They are a health hazard and completely unsanitary. I have reported to the health department and to the stores managers, but they say that they can't do anything. I don't want someones animal peeing or pooping in my food.
    Old 05-30-2018, 01:34 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by BARES
    especially when you go into a store and see them peeing on the floor at the food shelves (really happened in a CVS) or licking produce (grocery store); and nibbling, pooping, etc. that I have seen in other stores. I have literally observed these happening in various stores. It is disgusting but stores can't or won't) do anything any more because it could be a 'therapy' animal. I think 'therapy' animals, , gerbil, snake, tarantula, rat, etc., should be trained and certified the same as any service dog. Yes I have seen these animals being claimed as being needed for 'therapy'. They are a health hazard and completely unsanitary. I have reported to the health department and to the stores managers, but they say that they can't do anything. I don't want someones animal peeing or pooping in my food.
    The above criteria would also keep a lot of "humanoid" creatures out of the stores.
    Old 05-30-2018, 01:39 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    As I have no human kids my pets are like my children to me in terms of how much I care about them and how much they enrich my life. But I like my dogs (and cats) big so no I don't carry them around. Dog, aside from their names and nicknames are often refered to as "pupsters". Cats are often referred to as "highness" or "your royal highness". They do fancy themselves royalty but I won't hesitate to use my spray bottle when needed.
    I have 3 human kids but my furkids are my babies too
    Old 05-30-2018, 02:17 PM

I feed a bunch of squirrels that live in the trees occasionally and I have named several.... Spots and Fraidy and Fuzzy are a few. OK, OK, I know, I'm only a little old silly lady!

Clarification: The squirrels live in the trees all the time. I feed them upon occasion! Whew, I'm sure glad I got that straightened out!

Last edited by SillySusan; 05-30-2018 at 02:20 PM.