Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • how many UFO's do you have now? >
  • how many UFO's do you have now?

• how many UFO's do you have now?

Old 03-17-2019, 09:39 AM
    Power Poster

You mean on the short list? (The ones I am trying to complete?) Two tops worth of finished blocks waiting on sashing and three purses in different stages. Oh, and a small wall hanging I am appliqueing down right now.
    I like to put a small project in between to give me a breather.
    Old 03-17-2019, 10:02 AM

I'm not willing to admit how many UFOs I have. I'm working on a graduation quilt for my grandson. I have a list of priorities I plan to do next. I will not start anything new until I finish these UFOs.
    Old 03-17-2019, 10:09 AM

I have 1 that needs binding, 3 that need quilting, and 4 that are in various stages of piecing.

I'd love to get to the point that we would only work on one at a time til it was finished, but I don't see that ever happening.
    Old 03-17-2019, 11:10 AM

UFO's are a slippery slope. I don't start a new quilt until the previous one is completed. That being said, I have one. I finished piecing a quilt top. I plan on using it on my bed. But decided to make a two sided quilt, and haven't figured out the other side yet. So the one side is stored, waiting for the second side to be determined. It does sit in the back of my mind.
    Old 03-17-2019, 12:31 PM

oh my!!

6 UFOs for Quilts For Kids (3 needing binding and 2 needed quilted and binding and then one that I am still piecing the top on)

1 curved log cabin top about 1/4 of the way pieced.... that I swear I will get finished for my own bed ha ha ha ha

1 grand adventure quilt that I am just starting for a church raffle donation

1 little girl baby quilt that I am taking my time on because this great niece is not due until October (and she might even end up being a he ha ha)

well not as bad as I thought it was going to be
    Old 03-17-2019, 01:12 PM

I still have the original list that someone on this board encouraged all to make. I got up to 13 and threw in the towel. Goodness! How did I get so many? So I have actually crossed off about 3 of them. They sit on the chest of drawers waiting to go to the L.A. In the mean time, I have collected a few more. I do need to update my list and see where I really stand.
    Old 03-17-2019, 01:19 PM
    Power Poster

Oh dear...this is a loaded question for many of us! Like QE says, what I don't know, doesn't hurt me!
    Old 03-17-2019, 01:24 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Oh dear...this is a loaded question for many of us! Like QE says, what I don't know, doesn't hurt me!
    *giggles*
    Sew many UFOS .... Sew many hiding spots, to tuck them away!!!

(geeeee .... maybe we need another new thread to go with the two other threads ....
    how often we tidy up our sewing rooms .... and the great excuses not to do so)

Happy Sunday!
    Old 03-17-2019, 02:36 PM
    Power Poster

I had two cut out finished one top this afternoon. Started making the other top and will finish making it tomorrow. Tuesday or Wednesday I will find backs and sandwich them up. By the end of this week they should both be finished.

I don't really consider these UFOs. After these two are finished all the way then I will start another. I never leave unfinished quilts very long as I don't have room to store them.
    Old 03-17-2019, 02:55 PM

I only have two. One I'm working on the back, will sandwich and quilt myself. The other I just need to take to the LQS for quilting. I have many self made kits ready to go, so I like to finish them up before a I start another.