Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What has happened to customer service >

What has happened to customer service

What has happened to customer service

Old 12-16-2009, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

I agree with mommaB !!! Don't take a job if you are not willing to give it your all, more money does not mean one will work any better or faster or be nicer.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:50 PM

The last time i was in a Handcock Store the same thing happened to me except there was a line of 5 people forming and the person that was cutting dint call in the back for some help but told us in line she would be there in a bit !!! like i said that was the LAST time i was in there and that was about a year ago
Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM

I have the same problems with JoAnn. They NEVER have enough people to help or check out. Although I might spend a few cents more, I have vowed to go to local quilt shops only. Your money helps the local economy through small business owners. If you need help with your project along the way, I have always found them more than helpful.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:00 PM

I hate having my fabric ripped.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:15 PM

I am lucky to have a lot of choices as quilts shops and fabric stores. I would NEVER return to a place that ripped my fabric!
Old 12-25-2009, 10:22 PM

You know what I hate? When I'm standing there waiting to be waited on & the clerk answers the phone & takes care of the "phone customer" while I'm standing there...waiting. I may be in a hurry. At least put them on hold or tell them you're sorry & ask them to call back in a few minutes. I remember when I had my fist job as a clerk that's what we were told to do, take care of the customers standing there first. To answer the phone was to be rude.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by rutcat
You know what I hate? When I'm standing there waiting to be waited on & the clerk answers the phone & takes care of the "phone customer" while I'm standing there...waiting.
How about if they answer their OWN cell phone :shock: :shock: :shock: while you are standing there waiting? I can't remember where I was when that happened to me but this thread reminded me of it.

I hate having my fabric ripped, also, mainly because when I buy quilting fabrics I sometimes buy 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 lengths and the rip ruins the last inch on either end.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by rutcat
You know what I hate? When I'm standing there waiting to be waited on & the clerk answers the phone & takes care of the "phone customer" while I'm standing there...waiting. I may be in a hurry. At least put them on hold or tell them you're sorry & ask them to call back in a few minutes. I remember when I had my fist job as a clerk that's what we were told to do, take care of the customers standing there first. To answer the phone was to be rude.
Ha! I remember that, back in the olden days where people were polite and respectful! This was one of the first things I learned on my first job in 1957. I might have contacted the manager about this one. In general very bad for customer relations.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:23 PM

I have experienced the same problem at Hancock when ready to check out. It must be a universal practice for them. You'd figure out we have real money in our hands just begging them to take it. Ours went out of business here in Montana about 2 years ago. Wonder why?
Old 12-26-2009, 04:38 PM

ah, the phone... yes...the phone...
sadly, it may be a requirement by upper management to answer by the 2nd ring (goodness knows whenever "I" answer it because its still ringing and hasn't been answered, it ALWAYS turns out to be the district manager, who wants to know WHY I am answering the phone (I work in the area of last resort for phone answering....)

However I do try to explain to the cashiers to do as you ask, but I don't know if you have ever been B3#$#ed out by a customer on the phone who feels THEY deserve to let their fingers do the walking, and could care less that you want service, and actually CAME to the store to get some....

it is always two sides.....