Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever done an I-Spy quilt? >

Have you ever done an I-Spy quilt?

Have you ever done an I-Spy quilt?

Old 07-10-2010, 06:17 AM

How about weddings?
Old 07-10-2010, 07:07 AM

I did an I Spy quilt using piggy fabrics that I collected over a couple of years. Some I bought on-line, some I found on e-bay (I love e-bay!), and some were given to me or swapped.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:11 AM

I just went to your site. Very nice fabrics. When I make I spy quilts, I am always making them for kids. Usually the only decision I make is are they girly fabrics or boy fabrics.

I am collecting information for Part III of my ultimate I spy Ideas that will come out at the end of July. If you have any that I haven't posted on my first two blog posts, please list it here and I'll put it in my "I Spy Ideas - Part III".

Check out Parts I and II here.

http://quilt-knit-run-sew.blogspot.c...rt-1-of-3.html
Old 07-10-2010, 07:12 AM

Location: keeping the home fire burning and waiting for my son's safe return

When my daughter started kindergarten she had to have a nap quilt so I made her an I-spy. We had a blast going through stash and then shopping for a couple of extra prints to finish it off. Now my grandson has fun finding things on the quilt :)
Old 07-10-2010, 07:35 AM

I've made approx 60 I Spy quilts using 6 inch blocks so I am always on the lookout for cute novelty fabric, I usually buy 1/3 yd when I find something I like.
Why so many?-I have 3 daughters & many neices having babies, plus they request I Spy quilts for their friend's baby showers, it has snowballed.
Plus I have made them for friends having their first grandchild, for grandma to keep at grandma's house for when baby visits-these have been a huge hit.
Plus several donated for charity raffles.
Plus friends of friends have seen them & request to buy one for a new baby in their life.
When I know the new Mom's interests or nursery theme I try to put that in the quilt & use bright backing fabrics. When the babies become toddlers they love the quilts, some insist on playing I Spy every night before bedtime. I have gotten so much positive response from these quilts.
Maire
Old 07-10-2010, 10:43 AM

Post a picture if possible - I have not seen the I SPy quilt and may be interested for grandchildren
Old 07-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

Click on "Search" at the top of the page - type in I Spy Quilt -

lots of things come up - there are some really cute ones pictured
Old 07-10-2010, 11:47 AM
cjr

I have made several I Spy type for grandkids each different and geared to their interests. Part of thwe fun was searching out the fabrics. I am not a fat 1/8 much prefer fq or yardage. Good Luck in your choices.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Acckk, I'm doing something wrong in trying to attach the picture, can't get it to attach, following the directions but I'm probably missing a basic step. I'll try again after I get back from granddaughter's softball game.
Maire

6 in. blocks with decorative stitches between each block, the border is 4 inch & says "I Spy a dog" etc, whatever is in the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79282[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79277.jpe  
Old 07-10-2010, 11:51 AM

Well it did come up, I hope it doesn't come up a dozen times because I kept trying, now I don't know what I did right! Please forgive me if it keeps coming up.
Maire