Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Project Runway Conclusion... >

Project Runway Conclusion...

Project Runway Conclusion...

Old 10-30-2010, 10:59 AM

Location: Cypress, Texas by the way of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Go to this web page and read all comments. 91% voted for Monzo to win. It is a good read for project runway posters.
http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/
Old 10-30-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by noahscats7
Did anyone but me like last years Models of the runway? I wish it had been on instead of Austin and Santino. Just much more down to earth.
I like Santino but Austin's over the top attitude gets on my nerves so I don't watch that show much, only a few times. I did like the Models of the Runway.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:55 PM

Count my co-workers, daughter and myself along with those truly disappointed with this season's choice! Gretchen BLAH! :thumbdown: How in the world she made it to the end I will never know. But then again thru the whole season we kept saying are they looking at the same clothes we are?! :? We would see something on the runway and say, "Wow I really like that" and they hated it. Gretchen and her two faced attitude, granny panties and dowdy clothes should never have gotten that far. As far as her break up hmmm...bet she's a joy to live with. :roll:
Mondo had our vote all the way. :thumbup:
I have heard a lot of people say they are done with the show. Bowing to Nina and Micheal's opinions may have shot the show in the foot. They really got it wrong this time.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:19 PM

I am wondering if anyone has noticed the change in Nina Garcia since the first show. To me I thought she was softer in her critiques of the designers clothes and offered suggestions in a more productive manner. This last season she has been quite "hard". Her tone has a attitude as to "what are you doing here because evidently you cannot design anything". Of course, this is only my impression and I would like to add perhaps Nina should take a look at season 1 and this one.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Power Poster

I didn't really care who won out of the three finalist, they were about equal in design, but did you noticed the dress Jessica Simpson wore how horrible it looked on her.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:41 PM

I think Nina and Michael and Heidi said a lot of hurtful and snippy things and I guess that was supposed make good tv-I think it backfired. And couldn't Gretchen do something with that hair except cut deeper side bangs, maybe a good comb through!?!-I can see the need to make a statement (sorta) with Andy and Mondo's DO"S. That was snippy also:evil: Mundo only one who dressed classy for the runway show. The best designer was not chosen. I guess that made good tv also. :evil:
Old 10-30-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I didn't really care who won out of the three finalist, they were about equal in design, but did you noticed the dress Jessica Simpson wore how horrible it looked on her.
I agree with the dress on Jessica Simpson....looks like she gained a little weight also. Nina was irritable most of the time, and looking closer at Nina, she appeared to be pregnant,....maybe that's why she was irritable the majority of the time. Gretchen just got lucky in my opinion, she resonated 60s-70 (retro-styling, IMHO, my couture is more appealing).... the show raked in quite a revenue from billions of fans watching the show. So in reality, all the contestants are winners...
Old 10-30-2010, 02:32 PM

Plain and simple-it was rigged! Mondo showed more design suave-Gretchen may have been more ready to wear-but is that really fashion runway?
Old 10-30-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
She looks like she's gained weight again. And that dress was awful.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:04 PM

Jessica was wearing Michael Korrs. Probably was ready to wear. LOL