Grrrrr.....

Old 01-23-2011, 05:14 PM

i have a very good friend next door but if my dog is not feeling well she stays at home i would never let that happen the woman is very shelfish and rude and no one needs a friend like that
Old 01-23-2011, 05:23 PM

You keep calling her a friend....... In my book that is NOT what a friend is to me...... If you can't tell her about her Dogs then how can you talk to her about anything else or believe anything she says??????? Life is tooo short......Don't ask her back... or refuse her entrance to your home again...
Old 01-23-2011, 05:24 PM

This woman is not a friend!

Several years back, I had a friend named Michelle. Our dogs had play dates and the humans ate, drank and visited. One day Marley (her dog) was playing with my dog. Out of no where, Marley started circling and sniffing in the living room. Michelle, from the opposite side of the room notices the behavior. She jumps from her seat and yells "Marley NO!" Marley has reached the point of no return. So, Michelle instinctively much to our astonishment.... caught the poop with her bare hands to save the carpet :shock:

That is a true friend.

These days we don't have that problem... our male dog is dog high in prey drive. He would not tolerate it in the house. <shrug>
Old 01-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

Dogs don't need to come for visits unless they are from out of town, then they should get someone to care for them at home.

Daphne does not fit my definition of a friend.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
We live on a lake & during the summer we have LOTS of company. And the company likes to bring their dogs for the weekends, even tho I have said repeatedly NO DOGS. I had a cocker spaniel that was terrible about marking his territory at the sight of another dog so the whole time they are here, I'm cleaning up his messes. I finally got rid of the cocker & found out that it was their dog too. So next summer, all dogs outdoors, I don't care how hot it is. Just make sure they have water.It's bad enough my house is a total wreck after they leave but putting up with the animals I can't do. So OUTSIDE ON A LEASH
Manners are just not used anymore in my opinion. I wonder if at 58 I am just too "old" and set in my ways, because I certainly expect people to treat other people with kindness and respect. Does not happen anymore, even within my own family.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:26 AM

Diplomatically put a doggie diaper on the dogs when they arrive.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
Diplomatically put a doggie diaper on the dogs when they arrive.
Yes. Speaking in first person. You, the home owner, reaches down picking up the dog and putting the doggie diaper on. When the dog owner takes the dog and removes the doggie diaper you can take appropriate action from there. Good luck, probably nothing but 'isolation from the friend' will change the situation.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by sewilicious
This makes me go grrrr.... First of all there couldn't be a better animal lover than me, I have two dogs both females and they are the light of my life. Now here is my dilemma. I have a friend (Daphne) that has two small dogs and every time she bring's them to my house without asking permission, they run around like crazy through the house and after they leave I find puddles of urine and dog poo in hidden areas. After telling Daphne what the dogs have done she simply denies this and bring's them around again and again, till I finally told her that these dogs are not welcome in my home.
Now she is doing this to another friend of mine (Trudy).
Trudy does not know how to approach Daphne, for fear of losing her friendship, I flat out told Trudy what I said but she wants another way out, so I am coming to you with words of wisdom could I have suggestions? In Diplomatic way what can Trudy say to Daphne.
Don't be afraid to say no, when you are being abused. This is your home and you don't want to have these dogs destroy your home. Tell Trudy again in a nice way what you told Daphene, and if she is offended, she is not a friend. Spend your time with friends who respect you.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:23 AM

I take my Andy anywhere he is welcome. If he did make a mess I would clean it up. Having done adoptions for years at Petsmart nothing will piss me off quicker than people not cleaning up after themselves. Going through the same thing with the other people at the park right now.
Since Andy is a male,neutered but late who marks anything verticle, if we go someplace for the first time he gets a belly band
We are getting better on that too if I make the "no" noise.

How about gifting this woman a basket with cleanup bags, and a book on potty training. if this doesn't get through to her then ban her dog. Not to the car but maybe an X-pen or some such thing.

And having dealt with the after math of some of Ceaser Milan type training.Please look at someone like Victoria Stillwell instead. Takes more time and work but doesn't make crazy stressed out fearful dogs in the long run.
I have a friend who just started her dog training classes and she is awesome with dogs. She is on Facebook MyBestBuddyDogTraining. She is in GA and I am in VA darn it. I have learned a lot from her. Even trained my Andy to come in from the yard when called . He is 10 now when the weather becomes warmer we are going to work on recall in the park.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

Claim a sudden allergie to dog dander and make them stay in a crate when they come....or not at all....

I personally wouldn't be that nice. This "friend" doesn't sound like the kind of "friend" I would like though, so not much lost to just tell her and insist that the dogs stay out. Why would she assume this is ok behavior anyway???