Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >
  • Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

• Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 07-13-2015, 08:48 AM

Keep in mind that Facebook automatically reduces the number of pixel in your pictures. Here, you have to resize to a smaller size before you upload them. It used to tell you that your picture was too big, now it just does not load it.
    Old 07-13-2015, 08:55 AM

Oh Jaba....that's what my 90 year old cousin is going thru. She says it HURTS LIKE HELL..but she never flinches.
    It hasn't helped her see better but has helped her maintain her eyesight that she has left. She has the wet kind of degeneration in her eyes. The last time we went (last week) he told her that he wasn't going to give her anymore shots unless her sight starts worsening..GOOD LUCK because its not easy to watch or to even think about!!

Bee. thank you so much...I sometimes get so emotional when Im around my grandkids. They are the best behaved polite kids Ive ever seen...I thought my son was too hard on them, being a step dad, but I see now that he needed to be strict but approachable at the same time...The twins call him dad now and my grandson calls my DIL mom...I feel so proud when Im with those kids...they call me the "singing grandma" because I always have the CD or radio on and they sing right along with me! I can only hope they have good memories about their crazy grandma! Im trying to give them good memories, like walking across the bridge over the Missouri river and letting them watch a train go down the tracks...something they might not see in the future...just little things...but out of love for sure!! You made me cry Bea....thank you!!!!
    Old 07-13-2015, 11:59 AM

Good luck to your Dad today Jaba, the whole shots in the eyes thing does not sound pleasant at all . Safe travels to you and I hope you have success with this new treatment.

Joan Its amazing how those simple things are what we remember and hold dear. It truly surprises me sometimes what small element from a day or event that my kids remember and truthfully it is often the simple things. Like how uncle Dennis would tell them stories, or how Aunt Debbie made things with them and would even listen to what ever music they wanted. Such easy things that the adults may or may not remember but they sure do. Also I love the singing grandma nick name....That tells me they are already storing up those simple moments.
    Old 07-13-2015, 02:05 PM

Jaba my Mom has been having shots in her eye also. She said it is very uncomfortable but it has helped her a little bit and every little bit helps. Sorry your Dadhas to go through this
    Old 07-13-2015, 02:33 PM

Yikes, i can't imagine a shot in the eye...
    I can barely get an eye drop in hubby's eye. I hope he never needs anything like that.
    My thoughts are with those going through this.
    Old 07-13-2015, 04:37 PM

Couldn't stand not sewing a couple blocks while watching American Sniper....Its getting to be very intense so this is is for the night... Flower, my camera doesn't take good pictures, color wise...it is brown and orange, not purple!! Quilt addict...I had trouble with the squares in your fabric...hope it turned out ok. Thanks everyone for understanding my "mood" where grandkids are concerned...and thanks to Alan Jackson for recording such great songs that the kids can listen to and sing along without cuss words every other word!!! Wish I would have sang more when I was younger and better! LOL
    Attached Thumbnails flowergirl-boom-15.jpg   quilt-addict-boom-15.jpg  
    Old 07-13-2015, 04:51 PM

What can I say.........Boomer's are the best! <3
    Old 07-13-2015, 05:19 PM

Unreal day. We arrived home from our vacation yesterday around noon. For some reason couldn't sleep last night. Lucky if I had 3 hours. Fell asleep on couch at 6 AM when dh went to work. At 7 phone rings and it's hubby he forgot his work lap top, I threw on some clothes and drove in 30 minutes of highway rush hour traffic and turned around to make the trip back in even worse traffic. Yuck. Then my phone rings and it was my friend from the lake, our campground had taken a direct hit from a nasty storm and her 2 year old pontoon had been flipped over and was lodged upside down two docks away. Another friend called and said everything looked good at our site . Went with my friend back to the lake to support her. Got home at 6:30 PM tonight. Long day and I never even had a cup of coffee. Thankfully no damage to our trailer or toys, friends boat is out of water but insurance agent said it most likely will be totaled. Five years ago we went through a very bad storm, 22 of the 38 rv' in our campground were significantly damaged. Between hail and wind damage my car, dh's truck, our sailboat, pontoon and trailer were all totaled. Very frightening and sad day. Now we hear the word storm and we all get pretty jumpy
    Old 07-13-2015, 05:22 PM

I am right there w/ you Flower, I have a HUGE eyeball phobia, have never even been able to have a complete eye exam (glaucoma test), nothing goes in my eye, and I can't even stand if other people put things (like drops or fingers) in their eyes. If I ever need needles in my eye, they better bring out the good drugs, or the defibrillator!

No sewing for me today, I am at work until morning, then classes most of the day tomorrow (ceu's) then Wend I really, really need to make a "freezer camp" day. Maybe I can make some blocks Thurs.
    Old 07-13-2015, 05:37 PM

Oh my Terriamn.....talk about living in the moment! .....I am beginning to think we would all make a great Reality TV show......."The Boomerangers" . Glad everyone's safe.......Bee