Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-09-2011, 07:11 PM

MJ, glad to hear things went well at the doctor.

Cindy-Hope your recovery is going well.

Nancia- I think we are right at the same point in our weight loss. I'm hoping to be in the 180s by the end of the month too. Fabric is a good way to celebrate the loss!

I just finally am noticing where weight is coming off of my abdomen and my pants are looser. Hoping I'll be down a pants size by the time I hit the 180s. Just keeping sweets out of the house has helped me a lot to maintain eating well. I really need to up my exercise levels though, and get my butt in gear. LOL

Hope everyone is doing well, and has a good week.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:12 PM

cindy-- glad to hear you're improving so quickly! i'm sure to you it seems very slow, but in the scheme of things it's not. little steps, big results. just like losing weight. i have to say, i consider having body parts removed to lose weight is cheating, jmho. lololol jk! i'm sure you'd rather have a month of only slimfast instead of surgery! if you're going to start sewing you might want to think small and easy to maneuver like dq's or mug rugs. this may be the year that's what your family gets for christmas! keep up the good work! we love having you check in!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:21 PM

marscrafter--i have on my next to skinny size pants. they fit nicely except at the waist--mostly because i don't really have one, lol.so i get a bit of muffin top. everything is rather squishy on my body. muscle tone is non-existent. better a smaller blob than a larger one! i'd love to go one or two sizes down from here, but this is a very popular size for my body. are you tightening up? do you remember the children's book, the saggy baggy elephant? that's how i feel! keep going, let's see if we can lose the same amount at the same pace! we are doing great!!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:30 PM

Hi everyone we spent the day at the Breast Cancer Barrel Race in Denver today. My oldest daughters horse slipped and fell going around third barrel, but they both are ok and were able to run again this afternoon. So that was good. Thankfully they were not hurt. But the thing I wanted to share is that it is held in the collisium(SP?) were the Denver Stock Show is always held and we attend every year. ANYWAY to make a long story short the seats are fixed stadium seats and are always so uncomfortable. Lets just say they are narrower than I am and very uncomfortable to sit in. Well this barrel race takes all day and I was up in the stands taking pictures and about 2:00 it dawned on me I had been up there most of the day and didn't feel uncomfortable or pinched. Duh....I realized I actually fit in the seat with room to spare on each side!!! I know this sounds dumb but it was such an odd feeling when that dawned on me. A good feeling but I can't believe it took all day! I am down over 45 pounds since starting this thread with all of you and I know my clothes are loser but this was the first I realized I am smaller than before. Sorry to ramble but I just had to share with someone.:) So keep up all of the hard work it really does pay off!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
cindy-- glad to hear you're improving so quickly! i'm sure to you it seems very slow, but in the scheme of things it's not. little steps, big results. just like losing weight. i have to say, i consider having body parts removed to lose weight is cheating, jmho. lololol jk! i'm sure you'd rather have a month of only slimfast instead of surgery! if you're going to start sewing you might want to think small and easy to maneuver like dq's or mug rugs. this may be the year that's what your family gets for christmas! keep up the good work! we love having you check in!
yes i would also consider body part removal cheating.........LMAO
I would have prefered another method of the loss to be the reason. the one thing they did say is that once the tumor is out i should lose weight easier since it was one that fed off hormones and my insulin. i am praying that i am able to get off the insulin over the next several months

thanks for the laugh ......as painful as it is to laugh i needed that.

i sitting here with my little lucy asleep on my left shoulder, she is so happy to be in my arms.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:55 PM

I look forward to noticing I am smaller. You have worked hard and sharing how you notice the difference in clothing is inspirational, thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Hi everyone we spent the day at the Breast Cancer Barrel Race in Denver today. My oldest daughters horse slipped and fell going around third barrel, but they both are ok and were able to run again this afternoon. So that was good. Thankfully they were not hurt. But the thing I wanted to share is that it is held in the collisium(SP?) were the Denver Stock Show is always held and we attend every year. ANYWAY to make a long story short the seats are fixed stadium seats and are always so uncomfortable. Lets just say they are narrower than I am and very uncomfortable to sit in. Well this barrel race takes all day and I was up in the stands taking pictures and about 2:00 it dawned on me I had been up there most of the day and didn't feel uncomfortable or pinched. Duh....I realized I actually fit in the seat with room to spare on each side!!! I know this sounds dumb but it was such an odd feeling when that dawned on me. A good feeling but I can't believe it took all day! I am down over 45 pounds since starting this thread with all of you and I know my clothes are loser but this was the first I realized I am smaller than before. Sorry to ramble but I just had to share with someone.:) So keep up all of the hard work it really does pay off!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:04 PM

Most everyone is doing so well! I am having a small victory tonight. I ate a smaller than normal dinner and have not had a snack. Hopefully I can make it until I go to bed (usually 1 am) without eating anything. Hubby is just going to bed so that makes it more difficult for me. If someone is around I don't eat; as soon they leave I want a snack. I guess I am a closet eater. But I tend to do better when I am the only one home and can just eat Lean Cuisines and not have to cook meals for everyone.
Cindy, you are making such great progress! Don't over do it.
I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:26 PM

xylie-- if you told me you were going to fly to the moon, i would believe that you would, and definitely, could! you can and do, do anything! you are my inspiration, so come on, girl! let's get it done!! and none of that 10 lbs in a week crap. that comes right back on and brings it's friends! 2 to 3 lbs a week. let's go!! december is on its way (or should i say, weigh!?)
Well of course your right.3 pounds a month STAYS OFF.But I can't figure it out.Up one day,down the next.Unless like irishrose said,it's the steroids.am done with all the meds now.So should level out after they get out of my system.Could it be water?I drink lots as you know.Oh,I bet it's a combination.I did drink those slim fast drinks at pill time to settle my stomach.So that was 400 extra calories a day right there.I might as well quite trying to figure out the why,and just do what I do to get it back off.That I know how to do.It takes time,but does work.I don't want to get over 170 tho,or that's it!At least I'm not hungry like I was.The last 2 nights,I was a lot better and didn't eat after supper even.But while on those pills,I ate,and ate,and ate.I knew I was full,but still felt hungry.I never had that happen before.10 days ago,160 pounds,4 days ago 170,yesterday 164,today 170.Generally when I do that it's water retention.But now I'll have to give it a week and then see what happends.Either way I'm back on my meals with a salad and NOTHING else but water.Thanks for the pep talk,I needed it! I don't mind being slapped back in line.LOL!I will get this weight off.I come too far to turn back now!YES,LET'S GET ER DONE!I'm ready!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:43 PM

marscrafter--i have on my next to skinny size pants. they fit nicely except at the waist--mostly because i don't really have one, lol.so i get a bit of muffin top. everything is rather squishy on my body. muscle tone is non-existent. better a smaller blob than a larger one! i'd love to go one or two sizes down from here, but this is a very popular size for my body. are you tightening up? do you remember the children's book, the saggy baggy elephant? that's how i feel! keep going, let's see if we can lose the same amount at the same pace! we are doing great!!
I never had a waist,ever.In fact I always had to buy mens pants because the womens didn't fit me in the waist.Hubby is the opposite.He has no butt so his pants fall off unless he wears a belt or suspenders.I never had that problem.I do like tho I have a rib cage now.That I haven't seen since 1992.So,am making head way.But still have a long way to go.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:52 PM

Rita's mom, Nancy, that's an exciting thing to have happen. Sounds like it's time to shop for a few things in a smaller size.

I hope the horse is okay. My granddaughter and her horse did that on wet grass at a rodeo - right at my feet and I was on crutches. The horse seemed to be okay when I rubbed her down and went on to race later that evening, but her left turns were never right after that. She had torn a support to her uterus. Non repairable and not painful except during races. She was pulled off the rodeo circuit and sold to a little girl for pleasure riding.

Xylie, don't starve yourself - your body goes into starvation mode in 24 hours and stops burning extra calories. You won't lose weight doing that. And lose the SlimFast. Not much redeeming food value in there and very unsatifying. All that sugar just made me hungier when I tried them. My ex-husband finished the pack. That man would eat anything.

Goodnight, all.