According to Jim show

Old 09-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Glenda m
And there is a difference between...Calvary and cavalry. That one drives me NUTS!!!
My mother never could pronounce beverly or calvary.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by TheSevenYearStitch
On an old toilet paper commercial, they showed the cartoon ladies sitting around the toilet paper, "quilting" it....with KNITTING NEEDLES!!! It drove me insane! After a while, they changed it so they were actually using a needle and thread, but whenever I saw the ladies quilting with knitting needles, I wanted to scream!
I remember this commercial. Northern later changed the ad to depict quilters using small needles as a result of all the letters they received from - you guessed it - quilters! (Hear us roar!)

The one that bugs me is an "audio" blooper. In the pilot for NCIS, Jethro is telling Kate one of his rules and she asks if she needs to 'crochet' it on a pillow. I keep trying to visualize that. Whenever I see the episode, I usually yell at the tv, "Embroider it!" LOL
Old 09-07-2011, 10:29 AM

So glad to find someone else who hated that as much as I did!

Originally Posted by TheSevenYearStitch
On an old toilet paper commercial, they showed the cartoon ladies sitting around the toilet paper, "quilting" it....with KNITTING NEEDLES!!! It drove me insane! After a while, they changed it so they were actually using a needle and thread, but whenever I saw the ladies quilting with knitting needles, I wanted to scream!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:03 AM

You know, I see bloopers like the one you're describing on television as well. Often, I read things in books that suggest the writer hasn't researched his topic enough. However, in their defense, I expect that producing a show like that involves seeing to a thousand little details. It just stands to reason that they're going to miss something once in awhile and usually it doesn't interfere with the entertainment value of the show. These days, I would assume that 99 percent of their viewers wouldn't recognize whether a sewing machine was positioned backwards if it were sitting right in front of them.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:14 AM

One you see a lot (if you are looking for it) is in a car chase scene. Car A will get sideswiped on the driver's side, then the next time you see it - no damage on the driver's side.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:18 PM

We now get ME-TV, and they had a MASH on, where Charles ran around and bought up all the blue script (I know that is not right) that had to be turned in for red, or would be worthless. Of course, he only paid 10 cents on the dollar. They knew what he was up to, and had him stopped at the gate. But someone had stolen $400 from Hawkeye, who was going to exchange it for a patient, and they bought that much from Charles, at the 10 cents per. When he handed it over, it was RED. When Hawkeye gave the patient his money, it was the right color....Red. Either they didn't notice, or they figured no one else would. I did, lol, all these years later.

Yeah, I always thought that toilet paper commercial was funny. Wish I could knit a quilt.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:05 PM

i always catch the bloopers about purses. they go in with one and then it disappears when they come out. or one min. they have one next second its gone and aliitle later its back. glad my purse isn't magical like that it would drive me nuts.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:20 PM

Not surprised Ms Kate plus 8 doesn't wear a seatbelt. I've been of the opinion for a while that she isn't playing with a full deck !
Old 09-07-2011, 04:59 PM

I watched that one awhile ago and cracked up!!! I also watch Ice Roads I see them use seat belts!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:19 PM

I saw this same showthe backward sewing machine bothered me also. Crazy how you notice things associated with sewing! :-D