Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure >

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 05-03-2013, 11:52 AM

Whooohoo! 16 pounds is an amazing sucess!!! Congrats to you & everyone who dropped even 1 pound!

My FQ is still sitting on the counter, I missed the mailman again! Tomorrow I'll get it out for sure, I have several things that need mailed.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Congrats to fmhall2! Way to go!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:22 AM

Can I still join in for May? Still treading water. April is our second busiest month of the year at work and I just got caught up in the whirlwind. Planning to do better this month.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave View Post
Can I still join in for May? Still treading water. April is our second busiest month of the year at work and I just got caught up in the whirlwind. Planning to do better this month.
Yes You can still join in. Send in your FQ and away you go with the group.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:31 AM

Good morning all, I'm joining in this month. Now that tax season is over it's time to get serious again. I have been walking most days since January, but have only lost 12 pounds. Not gonna win any FQs that way, but maybe I just need more incentive. So sorry to hear about your knee Lisa. Falling up the stairs is how I screwed up my knee. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Meanmom so glad to hear you are finally going to get out of that witch's classroom! I am sure the reduction of stress will result in a reduction of weight!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:47 AM

I am down one pound for the last week. Better than I expected. As I said I was at my DD all last week. The food choices in their house are really bad. I also didnt get very much exercise. I did enjoy my visit with my 2 grandsons. One is newborn the other is 2 1/2. I am walking a 5K today. The weather isn't looking very good. I hope the rain holds out. I left the house in a hurry this morning. Luckily I didn't get my car cleaned out. I have a choice of 3 different coats in my car. It is such a mess it is starting to look like I live in it. Gotta go clean it quick as I am driving several fiends to the walk. It was 78 yesterday. Supposed to be 50 today, I dont think it is going to make it.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:20 AM

Just wanted to let you all know that because of the info here I am really cutting back on my artifical sweeteners, with the goal of stopping completely. All of the hints & advice I find here really does help.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:26 AM

Dody, we do our best with the hints and advice. I do lots of reading and research to find our Taboo Tuesday tip - they sometimes help and sometimes not. But most of all, we have fun here.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:04 PM

Congratulations fmhall2 on your weight loss!

Beachbound, I've noticed I want to eat more when I use things like Crystal Light. I'm sticking to water and haven't had that urge to "hunt something to eat".

I usually do my "preparation cooking" on Saturdays. I bake my chicken, debone it, measure it, and wrap in wax paper. Some goes into the freezor and some in the frig. I keep my lettuce washed and bagged ready to eat. I also wash and cut up broccoli and cauliflower. I keep a food journal on the table and write down everything including marking off when I've had my water. When we go out to eat I order grilled food and a salad. I drink water most of the time. When I get home, I write down what I've had. I also measure out 1/4 tsp. of salt for the day. That's what's recommended on my eating plan. I check the sodium content on everything.

When I think I want something to eat, I make myself drink some more water and wait for a while. Usually the urge passes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Debbie
Old 05-04-2013, 01:40 PM

I also do meal planning on the weekends. With working 10 hours, I need to plan for 2 meals a day when I work, so I am not eating at 9 pm at night. I cook everything on Sunday for the week and package it up so all I have to do is grab a the 2 meals and off I go.

I also buy the 3liter bottles of water to keep at my desk and try to drink 1 per day. Right now I am drinking about 1/2 of them. I also take lemons and limes to add to my water for some flavoring.

Also plan the raw veggies and fruit for my snacks.

Well ladies I am off for my weekly dinner date and hang time. He and I both choose something healthy to eat.