Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How does it smell in your sewing room? >

How does it smell in your sewing room?

How does it smell in your sewing room?

Old 07-13-2013, 08:11 AM

[QUOTE=hopetoquilt;6174080]I have been told of the possible fire hazard of the plug ins.

I heard this too, but according to the websites that debunk stuff, it isn't true. I've used them for a long time and the manufacturer says they are safe.

However, I don't have an extra plug for one in my sewing room (in my basement) but my room smells clean. We run a dehumidifier so the air is fresher.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

I have a plug-in Glade lavender/vanilla scent and I love it. When that isn't in place, DH told me that my room smells like an LQS. (I think it indicates that I have too much stash).
Old 07-13-2013, 08:48 AM

Balsam Pine.

"We wish you a Merry Christmas" every day, all year long! Nice.

Pat
Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 AM

Scented products trigger migraines for me, none in our house. I cannot spend much time in a home where they are used.

I have an old rose bush outside the window and the window is open year round (only a crack in the winter).

In the summer it smells like laundry that was hung on the clothes line. I love my clothes line.

I do have cats and a dog that visit the room and the dog sleeps there every night. The dog's quilt gets washed regularly.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:13 AM

Mine smells like new and old fabric, starch from a hot iron on the board, and usually a little like Fritos, as that is my favorite snack
Old 07-13-2013, 10:24 AM

Actually, I have a ceramic bowl of dried potpourri. Large chunks of a mixture that has the scent of lilac. I shake up the contents to release a light fragrance in the room. No headaches because it is a light scent.

Sandy
Old 07-13-2013, 10:30 AM

I used a candle once and set one of my quilts I was working on, on fire lol. I usually have fresh air from the outside. The only smell in here is the Fabulouso that I wash the floor with and the spray starch. I keep it dusted as my long arm is in here and my computers. I only sew and cut in here.

Now if you asked me how my quilt and doll room smells.....I have all the quilts rolled on tubes in one corner and the dolls on long ceiling shelves. I put those large soaps that come from Spain, France etc placed all over the place. That room smells divine lol. Some of my fabric is in this room in a huge cupboard and in the dresser drawer. All my fabrics are washed before they are stored.

If you are having a musty smell, it would be a good idea to check for dampness.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by terri bb View Post
well...since i took over my son's old room I PERSONALLY think it smells like a bolognie sandwich. others tell me it smells like my pastor and his wife. ODD. but my windows are almost always open and i have a scensy pot right outside the door on the antique radio. i have heard if you take 2 oz of vodka, a few drops of lavender, and fill up a 2 quart container with water and use it in your iron it will smell really really good!
So are you supposed to drink the vodka and iron with the lavender water? LOL
Old 07-13-2013, 01:50 PM

Fresh Linen. Love the smell.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:26 PM

Mine smells like whatever flavor of MBP I am using at the time. Right now, I am using home made and it has a light rose essential oil smell.