Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Has anyone noticed connecting threads >
  • Has anyone noticed connecting threads

• Has anyone noticed connecting threads

Old 01-07-2015, 03:22 PM

First I want to apologize if I am high jacking the thread but I wonder about the quality of their solid white fabric. I usually buy Kona but would like to know how other people feel about it. Specially now that Kona prices seem to be constantly on the increase.
    Old 01-07-2015, 04:14 PM

I want your kitty!
    Old 01-07-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge
    I noticed the more pricey fabrics too. I like the fabrics that Connecting Threads has in their catalog. Hope they continue to carry those fabrics. I hadn't heard that Fons and Porter bought them.
    Don't know about F&P BUT Connecting Threads sent out an announcement last fall that they would be carrying the more well known fabric company's fabric (more expensive). They also said that they would continue to sell their own $5.99 fabric.
    Old 01-07-2015, 06:24 PM

I just received an answer to my email, from Connecting Threads. They will be carrying the same amount of their Fabric Lines as usual, introducing 2 new ones in each Catalog. They assured me the only changes were adding the designer fabrics. They also read this Forum and others to stay connected with quilters. Not to worry Ladies, I think we can still depend on them for great quality fabric and good service!!
    Old 01-07-2015, 06:58 PM

I order from CT a good deal. I haven't found any problems with their products. I just bought 10 yards of their white fabric and it has a good hand to it and as good as any Kona I have used. I don't think $5.99 is to much for fabric as most of the LQS here are way more than that. I have found even some of the Moda fabrics I have purchased recently are no better than the fabrics I have bought from CT. I do use thread from CT and have had no problems with it.

Remember, most of the fabrics we buy are from overseas, Asian countries. All the major name brands have their fabrics made over there. There are a few US States trying to grow cotton but most of the fabric I have bought from them are solid colors. I am waiting for the prints to start coming out.
    Also, when all our textile mills shut down here in the US which started back in the 60s, all the textile machines are sold right out of the mills. And there are no people to operate the machinery if it was still here. It would be a boon to the US economy if we could start producing our on textiles again.
    But those days may have been long gone and never return. So all the mills you see along the highways and byways of America are just empty shells of what we used to have privilege to. I do try to but American made fabrics as often as I can and hope will be produced in the near future...
    Old 01-07-2015, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S
    First I want to apologize if I am high jacking the thread but I wonder about the quality of their solid white fabric. I usually buy Kona but would like to know how other people feel about it. Specially now that Kona prices seem to be constantly on the increase.
    Emma you might try Moda Bella. I really like the feel of the Bella compared to Kona. I get mine at Thousand of Bolts, and it is $4.99 a yard. I got the Bella color chart from them, and it is so handy for picking the exact color I need. I have used some of the CC solids and liked them. I use their thread all the time.

http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/inde...duct_ID=117572
    Old 01-07-2015, 11:06 PM

I order from Connecting Threads often (mostly for thread and batting when they go on sale). It seems to me that they have ADDED new colors of thread (and they now have verigated and poly). I love their basics fabrics and don't really care about the new designer fabric lines.
    Old 01-07-2015, 11:21 PM

Over her in UK we are lucky to find fabric as cheap as you. Our middle of range fabric is £12 that is $18. We feel lucky to go under this price usually in sales. Some ie downtown abbey are much dearer, ie batik.
    we have an expensive hobby.
    Old 01-08-2015, 02:13 AM

But the less expensive fabrics at CT are not the same quality as LQS...OK to safe money for some projects but nice to have the higher quality choice too...there is a difference and you get what you pay for...
    Old 01-08-2015, 05:09 AM

I read the same. - they explained the requests they had been receiving on their website