Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is the oddest gift you received this year? >

What is the oddest gift you received this year?

What is the oddest gift you received this year?

Old 12-27-2009, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by vangel34
. . . . I should have used it on him.
Tooooo funny!

Zennia, can you put the Debbie Mumm bear in with your Christmas ornaments for a decoration every year? If he looks so adorable under the tree, why not put him there every year?
Old 12-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vangel34
Nothing really odd this year, we drew names with both my family and hubby's family. I was supposed to get a gift card from his sister and she gave me cash instead, lol.

I have two really odd ones from previous years. One year (before I started sewing) we really needed an ironing board and hubby bought me one for Christmas and wrapped it, I was looking at it next to the tree and I turned to him and asked "did you get me an ironing board?", lol. He was still learning how to be a good hubby and didn't realize that it shouldn't have been considered a gift.

Another weird one was my ex-husband got me a glock 40 (yea a gun) for Christmas. I never asked for it and still can't figure out why any guy would think their wife would want a gun for Christmas, I should have used it on him.
I would have wondered too as I was taking it back and heading to the nearest LQS :D:D:D
Old 12-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Power Poster

Well...this year I can say that I did not receive any odd gifts :D:D:D There is always next year though :wink:
Old 12-28-2009, 06:30 AM

Not this year but one year I received a can of spider spray in my stocking. I had to laugh, my dear husband went shopping in the PESTICIDE isle for me for Christmas. I am positive I am the only one who ever received this for Christmas. I used the entire can too. I am deathly afraid of spiders :)
Old 12-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

My oldest gave me a Webkins possum. I found one sleeping in my trash can a while ago and it freaked me out. The stuffed one has a curly tail so now the kids take great joy in hanging it where I least expect it. I found it hanging on my computer monitor, off the oven door and stuffed in my purse. They are loving it.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Patti, that is too funny :lol: :lol:
Old 12-29-2009, 08:29 AM

Well, this may not be considered odd, just unusual. On our first Christmas together as a married couple, my husband gave me a pair of oven mitts...may have been a thoughtful gift but I was expecting jewelry or something more personal. I was even expecting to find something hidden in the mitts, but no such luck.
He and my Dad thought it was a great gift for a wife and it was....for a HOUSEwife. I was so disappointed!
Since then, my Christmas gifts from my husband have always made me happy!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:44 AM

First I asked my kids not to spend much because of the economy. My one son lives in Arizona and I had purchased a little "cactus man" complete with hat and sunglasses that fit over my antennae and was pretty worn out. Had so much fun with it I asked for another one. So he got me that and some cactus candy and he sent my nephews lollypops with real scorpions inside but their poison was removed! He went a bit overboard on the desert theme I think!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by littlehud
My oldest gave me a Webkins possum. I found one sleeping in my trash can a while ago and it freaked me out. The stuffed one has a curly tail so now the kids take great joy in hanging it where I least expect it. I found it hanging on my computer monitor, off the oven door and stuffed in my purse. They are loving it.
:lol: :lol: Now that's a great gift! It just keeps on giving!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:52 AM

The first year with my husband, I got a "stick". It was actually a perfect gift!!! My DH made it for me. It is a dowel with a hook attached to the top end. I had several bird feeders that I needed a step-stool to reach to refill. This was so I could lift them down with the hook. That stick has been used for so many things over the years!!!! I love it!! :D