Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
please help before the cussin starts!!! >

please help before the cussin starts!!!

please help before the cussin starts!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Thanks to all of you. I called the qs where I bought the machine. She told me to rethread the machine. I swear I had done that at least twice, but I did it again. Now everything is working fine again.....GREMLINS at work!!! :hunf:

Ditter
One time when this happened to me, I even went to a different spool of thread, rethreaded the machine, put in a different bobbin and a new needle. It ended up in the shop and the tech discovered that my bobbin had cracked (Pfaff bought at JoAnn's, not at the dealers which is a no no evidently). With a different bobbin, everything worked fine. He said that sometimes these plastic ones can get a fine crack in them which sure surprised me. I bought 10 new bobbins from the dealer and haven't had the problem since.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:52 PM

Gremlins you say? Must be who took my chocolate bar that's missing since Monday. I swear I put it down in my sewing room and it disappeared.

Gremlins......hmmm....
Old 02-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Glad you were able to get the problem fixed with just a phone call and rethreading machine. Can't wait to see what your quilt looks like.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:03 PM

Try rethreading the machine. Some times it is not the bobbin, but the upper thread. Hope this helps
Old 02-18-2010, 04:22 PM

yes the goblins eat my bobbin thread too.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:28 PM

wow i think those gremlins left my house tuesday night !!!! it didnt matter what i was trying to sew or cut i kept messing up !! i got up on Wed and sat and did the same thing , but with no problem !! so they must of gone to your house that day !!!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:28 PM

ok don't ask how I know but I do . Make sure you put your presser foot down. I have done that more once.
Not fun I know .
Cassie
Old 02-18-2010, 04:53 PM

Always check the take up lever to make sure your thread is in it. This seems to be the number one problem with nests on the underside all of a sudden. I read down the list to find that this may have been your problem too....we have all been here.

Good luck.
D in TX
Old 02-18-2010, 05:04 PM

I don't have a Janome and my Bernina is supposed to be automatic (woudln't have a clue if I could adjust it). I rarely adjusted the bobbin tension on my old Kenmore - usually tweaked the top tension and it worked fine.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Don't really know what to tell you because I have had that same thing happen to me before too. Try & change the needle & see if that helps & rethread the machine. There are gremlins among us!
That, and try cleaning out UNDER the bobbin case. There may be a little dust (lint) bunny under there. I have a Janome and it's very temporamental when it comes to dust or lint bunnies