Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think I am a "Blanket maker" >

I think I am a "Blanket maker"

I think I am a "Blanket maker"

Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 AM

Of course you can still play. Quilting is not a contest in my book. If I improve, then it's for me not someone else. I too want my quilts to be used--that is what they are for. I had to read this thread because "blanket maker"--she must be from the south. Let's go see. No, she is from way up in WI! I remember I gave a quilt to a neice (very southern gal) and she wrote a note thanking me for the "blanket" and I was taken aback. I got over that--it is what it is! And quilting is where it is at!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:32 AM

Loving it!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:38 AM

WOW - Great thread!!

I read your original - about needing to get started and was intrigued.

I am SOOOOO thrilled for you - that you have made a whole quilt!!!! AND a beauty!

I agree with what everyone else has said - all quilts are good quilts!

I would add though - I have been quilting for over 30 of my 41 years and EVERY DAY I read something on here that is new to me! I know my quilts each get a little better than the last - I'm sure yours will go on improving too!

(love the bringing the backing round to make binding - nice and hard wearing and a great quick way to do it.)

I'm not a purest!

Again - WELL DONE!!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:49 AM

My sentiments exactly!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:11 AM

I love making small quilts for charity...it gives me an excuse to buy fabric, cut & sew, quilt and bind & no one complains! Everyone has a different goal in life; therefore, different goals in quilting are fine, too. Keep playing with us and your fabrics; you're having fun & that's what counts!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:19 AM

Everytime you make a quilt, you'll learn something. I learn from my mistakes (or try to, anyway) and in this way we grow as artists. It won't be the first time or the last time to make a mistake so just enjoy the process and do the best that you can.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by som
im scared to wash my quilts i have made about 5 aND I HAVNT WASHED ONE YET I CAN JUST VISUALIZE THEM ALL WRINKELED UP HA/ I HOPE IM WRONG
I can't wait to wash my quilts after they are complete because they always look so much better! they are also softer and more cuddly!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by MamaNan
The important thing to me is to enjoy the process. I want my quilts to be loved and used. I'd rather see one being used for sunbathing than hanging on a wall with a ribbon. I have friends who enjoy the acclaims and awards and that is great if that is what they want, but I was never in a beauty contest and my quilts won't be either.
Ditto MamaNan, I love your avatar. Never made a blanket for a car. Or is it?
Old 04-25-2010, 12:23 PM

Thanks for showing us the photos. You had me thinking it was a real bad experience but I think it looks looke a cuddly quilt. You are indeed a quilter.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:39 PM

Living in Dublin, (Georgia) we have an annual St. Patrick's Festival. We have two quilting guilds in the area and we pooled our odd squares and made the cover for the VW. We drive it in the parade to draw attention to quilting and our annual quilt show which is held during the festival. We get a lot of attention and have a lot of fun.