Secret Santa 2009

Old 10-15-2009, 05:40 PM

[quote=k3n]Hi ligia you've started a mystery here! I gather you're from an English speaking country because your English is perfect, but can't be UK, Canada, Australia or NZ, hmmm, South Africa? Where else speaks English? Or maybe you're an expat? :D

Oh ... not exactly ... :oops:
A bunch of small countries !
Thanks, anyway.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:54 PM

Question to whom played SS before:
When partners get their parcels do they inform receipt on this forum ?
Thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh heck....now ROFLMAO!!! I'll have to tell DH about whats in that can...you DO know that SPAM is roadkill...no really....read the label...mechanically processed meat...now if that ain't roadkill...what is???? And no, I don't eat it. :lol:
um...spam=roadkill?...um,...well, good thing doc put that on my 'avoid', list, then.
I used to eat it. Not supposed to eat any processed meats now.
mechanically processed...what's that...like giving a buzzard a spatula, to scrape up his din-din leftovers and put in your pan?
and ppl say buzzards are greedy :roll:
hey, they can't be all bad, they are on a clean-up America, campaign :lol:
Old 10-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
The only canned meat I eat is Albacore tuna. I told my DSIL that hotdogs were made out of lips & aholes & he won't touch them. Now some folks like coon, armadillo & possum but not this little southern girl. The weirdest thing I like is frog legs. Taste like chicken, pure white like fish. Some folks eat gator. We have crawfish boils here just like Louisana & I love them but DH won't touch. Says he's not gonna work that hard for a meal. My mom says that my grandmother would take a beef heart & stuff it with dressing. Sounds gross but she said it was good. Don't like organ meat. Always heard Mickey D's chicken nuggets were feet, beaks & cow eyes. I gotta stop, gettin nausea.
so, hotdogs are made of both ends of the appetite, huh?
My DH eats them often...LOL! :mrgreen:
wait till I tell him...he probably won't care, though. A REAL country boy, that one.
Now, I have eaten frog legs and turtle, and they are good...dipped in batter and deep fried! :wink:
never had crawfish. I don't like anything with feelers. makes me think of cockroaches! eeewoowoowoowoo! (that's a wiggly, eww :wink: )
The feet, beaks and cow eyes, made me laugh! good one.
You ever heard a mouse giggle? Put your ear to your monitor...let me speak into your ear.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 10-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

[quote=ligia]
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by ligia
Hi everyone !

Your right, I don't know anybody, from Lurkingdom! :lol:

now you know ! :)
hey, your right...now I do! :lol:
nice to meet you :D
Old 10-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ligia

Question to whom played SS before:
When partners get their parcels do they inform receipt on this forum ?
Thanks
On December 13th, all those that can, will meet in chat room, on this board.
All others will post on either this thread, or one designated for it. This is my first Secret Santa Swap, but that's my understanding. Until then, we keep our receivers a secret.
So, I am curious about two things...well, more than two, but you can only help me with two...LOL!
1 - what was the deciding factor, for you to join the swap?
2 - what is that in your avatar?
Me and hubby have a bet. He says it's a dog. I say it ain't a dog. Not any dog I have ever seen, but then I don't know what a Lurkingdom dog looks like :roll: :wink:
Old 10-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

I believe last year when we received the parcels we sent Shadow a PM. That way she knows how everything is going and if all the parcels have been sent and received. Last year only one person didn't fully participate :twisted:
Old 10-15-2009, 08:22 PM

After reading for the last 30 mins or so it is starting to remind me of when my kids were still growing up and home.....always wanted to see who could gross the other out the best. I may never eat again and I love Spam, hot dogs, frog legs, fried rattlesnake, buffalo burgers, venison meat loaf or chili, chicken fried/southern fried, any old fried. Heck, I'm like Paula Deen, it it ain't got real butter in it, it ain't worth eatin!!!!!!

And I like everything in my chili or soup that I can find in the kitchen, excluding the dish rag of course. And if you haven't tried fried potato sandwiches, you haven't lived!

But back to SS.....can't wait to shop, shop, shop. And if anyone gets my name, I love everything unless it is strong scented, like candles, potpourri, etc.....too many alergies. Other than that, I am real easy to please.

And trupeach....I love homemade jams!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:25 PM

If I had to guess I say it's a Fabric Flower! ( Am I close???)
Do I win?? Please let us know soon! :?:
Old 10-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Power Poster

I can't wait to start shopping also :lol: Any reason will do :wink: