Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap >

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Old 12-18-2017, 08:47 PM

Bluelady love your blocks, especially the red and yellow daisy one.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
Here are the blocks I have recently finished, have a couple in each color. Technically, I have all 20 blocks done.. but. uh.. I cant seem to stop! So I have about 3 more churns cut out and ready to sew, then I will start working on my companion "54 40 Or Fight" blocks. I need more WOW now though..

I know what you mean! I've finished my five sets, but I'm still sewing away on churn dashes. I'm going to use mine to make 2 quilts for my nephews for next Christmas. If I set them on point, I'm going to need 36 blocks total. I'm well on my way to having them all done. These things are addictive, aren't they?
Beautiful blocks and fabrics, Everyone. Can't wait to see what I get back!
Old 12-19-2017, 11:34 AM

Omg! I am loving all these beautiful blocks! I can now turn my attention to these blocks now that I have a few other swaps out of the way. I have them cut out now to stitch them together. Just gorgeous ladies!
Old 12-19-2017, 09:53 PM

I made a few more blocks today! I think I'm about half-way done to my 12!
Old 12-20-2017, 02:38 AM

Libster I am doing another swap and thought how funny my assigned block is the Churn Dash. Good thing it’s one of my favorite blocks.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:33 AM

Bluelady those are some beautiful blocks.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:34 AM

Kristijoy thank you so much for the Christmas Card, you have a beautiful family and I really love the background.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:24 AM

So glad I started and finished these blocks early. As many of the group know from other swaps my Mom passed December 8 and it’s really hard to get motivated to do anything. All I need to do is add my name and choose the plus one block then mail off and it’s one thing off my plate. So why can’t I get motivated and just do it!
Old 12-21-2017, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
So glad I started and finished these blocks early. As many of the group know from other swaps my Mom passed December 8 and it’s really hard to get motivated to do anything. All I need to do is add my name and choose the plus one block then mail off and it’s one thing off my plate. So why can’t I get motivated and just do it!
Dealing with the loss of your mother is such a blow and it make even little simple things seem too much of a bother. And this time of year affects many of us that way. Four years ago for my mother passed this month and one year ago for my father. It sucks big time. I am so sorry this is happening to you now. Hopefully you will find time over Christmas weekend to rest and reflect. And when you do get the blocks mailed off, take joy and relief in that simple action. Peace to you, Terri..
Old 12-21-2017, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss, and I can understand completely! Lost my MIL in May and my Dad in June, and I'm still struggling with the loss. It's been really difficult to push myself into the holiday, makes me feel very "Grinchish". Luckily I have friends and family that are very supportive, I hope that you have the same.