Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I hate movers! >

I hate movers!

I hate movers!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:01 AM

So sorry, I'm an Navy wife, lots of moves, some bad! Here is a website that you might be able to replace your china with. I've used it before and if they don't have it now, they might get it in.

Replacements, Ltd.
quotesbb@replacement

Good luck! If you are military, the gov. should reimburse you for damage.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by cjk
This moving company is a pain to deal with. They broke so much stuff and we had to wait a week for them to deliver so in that week our stuff went 100's of miles on a truck being shifted from the middle to the front, then they charged us double the estimate. I will file a claim but I don't look for much reimbursment. And even then it will take months. What makes me so depressed is that now I don't have the money to replace the fabric they destroyed. I don't have a big stash so I don't have a lot to fall back on.
CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU NOW!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:14 AM

Hire a lawyer charging you more than 10% over the estimate is illegal and you have paid enough. If you let them get away with this they will do it to others and then you become partially responsible. If you have a good case you go to court not for you but to stop the movers from profitting on shoddy service!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:59 AM

I would be happy to share some of my stash with you. Just let me know the type of fabric you want.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:13 PM

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. Just not fair!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:20 PM

I'm happy to share my stash too - just let me know what kind of fabric, or color, you are partial too. Just PM me with your address. Debbie
Old 05-16-2011, 12:24 PM

So sorry for your aggravation. I know it is hard when you lose things due to someone else's negligence. We had a mover dump the coffee pot and pack the grounds and dirty pot, trashcan with trash in it, and other wierd stuff. Boy was my dad mad when he went to get coffee and had to find the coffee pot, unpack it and brew a new pot BEFORE WE MOVED. Good luck on your quest.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 PM

When all is said and done , contact "Angie's List" on line to warn others to avoid this company.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:32 PM
cjk

thanks everyone for your support. This is what I love about this board! I'm feeling better this afternoon. :)
Old 05-16-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by cjk
I'm not going to back down. I'm filing a claim as soon as I know what all is damaged. I talked to several people and they say we have 6 to 9 months to file a claim. I'm also going to report to the BBB and any other place I can think of. Funny, I checked the BBB before I hired this company and they didn't have any negative reports. But the thing is and the way they get by with it is that one company will book the move and then another company is actually the movers. ggggggrrrrrr I didn't know that until the movers showed up at the door. I intend to report BOTH the booking company and the moving company!
By chance, today I came across an article that talks about movers ...

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112727/things-movers-wont-tell-you-mainstreet

That article has a link to a Federal government site that helps folks who have various problems with their movers ...

https://www.protectyourmove.gov/

I just finished looking it over and it contains a lot of useful information as well as toll free numbers for getting assistance because of federal laws governing transportation. If I were you, I'd look this over carefully and call to get some help.