Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-28-2011, 05:31 AM

LOL they really are. I am having a ball reading all of these. I am waiting for Maureen's Grand baby story. Oh gramma-mo let's GO!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:39 AM

My daughter was a very early talker and used to talk and sing constantly. When she was about 2 I heard her reciting to herself "Mary, Mary, quite contrary How does your garden grow? With silver bells and taco shells And pretty maids in a row" :D
Old 06-28-2011, 05:40 AM

I was making a quilt for my niece and a member of the group asked me what I was making.After I replied that I was making a quilt for my Niece, my friend's four year old son chimed in with,"You made one for my knees too, didn't you?"
(And I had)LOL.
Second story: His little cousin saw my blouse which had daffodils on it and she commented,"My grandfather has lots of orchards and he's got lots of nice pretty ones like those orchards as well"
The stories are really precious memories now that those kids are grown up with families of their own.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:40 AM

My oldest daughter was about 10 and was baking for a 4-H project and was making a quick bread. She came breathlessly into the living room and said, "Mom, we have to go to the store for baking powder. We don't have enough." I knew ther was half a can, so I asked why she needed more. She said, "Well, the recipe calls for two cups." I told her to go back and read the directions again..........it was two teaspoons! Wonder how tall that bread would have been if I had more baking powder in the cupboard!

Also, I used to work with a good friend who had a teenage daughter. One day the daughter decided to cook supper before her mom got home from work. After calling my friend to verify that chicken casserole was OK, the daughter got to work. About 30 minutes later, my friend's phone rang but she had stepped out of the office, so I picked up her call. It was the daughter. She said, "I just wanted to ask my mom where she keeps the water." Strange, I thought, so I asked, "What water?" She said, "You know, the canned water." Thoroughly confused, I asked her what she needed canned water for. Thinking I was probably a complete dunce, she said, "For my casserole! The recipe calls for one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of water!"
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 AM

My mom called one night. My four year old answered the phone and told my mom I was in the shower when she asked for me. He then told her to turn on Channel 13. After she had done so, he proceeded to give her the entire plot line of "Power Rangers" including all the character's backgrounds. It was a 10 minute conversation. After he was done talking, my mom asked him to have me call her back. His reply was "who is this?"
Old 06-28-2011, 05:52 AM

When my daughter was very young we were driving down a highway when she spotted a tower. She began to scream and cry and point saying "there's that thunder tower". She thought that's what produced the storms.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:54 AM

When my first born daughter was about three, we had been talking about things that are good for you and what wasn't. A few days later we were at the grocery store and there was a man smoking. She walked up to him and said "Smoking will kill you, you know!" The man and I were both in shock.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Selena
When my first born daughter was about three, we had been talking about things that are good for you and what wasn't. A few days later we were at the grocery store and there was a man smoking. She walked up to him and said "Smoking will kill you, you know!" The man and I were both in shock.
Same daughter, now we are in the check out line. There is a couple behind us of mixed race. She asks me very loud if black and white
people have a baby what color it will be?Or will it have a black body and white arms and legs. Thankfully the couple laughed-my daughter didn't know about prejudice, she was just curious.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:59 AM

When my daughter was in the first grade, she had a bubbly, positive outlook on life. Returning from school one day, she said someone on the school bus had asked her if she was a lesbian. She replied, "I told him, no, we're Lutherans. Is that right?" Close enough!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:03 AM

One more and I'm done. My son asked if there was a plane traveling say 200mph and it suddenly stopped, would they die? Would who die? The people, would they just stop with the plane or would they keep going 200mph and slam into the front? I was speechless as he was 6.