Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Having Trouble Seeing Photo Images?  Check Here For Instructions >

Having Trouble Seeing Photo Images? Check Here For Instructions

Having Trouble Seeing Photo Images? Check Here For Instructions

Old 08-31-2011, 08:47 AM

Since this seems to have all happened on Sunday, I would be asking the web host what they changed on that day. We can't all be wrong, with so many different operating systems, browsers, computers, ipods, phones, etc. etc. etc.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Administrator

For those who are jumping in without reading all the way through ...

For those of you who are making snarky remarks or inferences ...

of course the techs are working on this. TaliaRose acknowledged that on the first page of this topic. :hunf:

i'm sure they are all very sorry for the inconvenience and are working hard to solve the problem.

i left this topic unlocked in case anybody had any useful information to contribute.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to Karen's husband, Just-Lee, and Redpurselady for providing helpful information.

i will send an email to ensure the techs see it.

Those who want only to whine and complain are reminded ... if you are bringing whine, make sure to also bring cheese and fresh fruit.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:06 AM

Though I'm sad that I can't see the pictures, it will be just like Christmas when I can go back through the last few days and see all of the wonderful work! Thank you admin for taking care of the site! It isn't as easy as just pushing a button and making it magically work! Thank you!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Just-Lee

You need to change the static.quiltboard.com to www.quiltboard.com. If you right click on the broken image icon (where the pic won't show) and try to open it in a new page/ tab, then it will show the web address in the address bar ..here is an example of opening a pic in another page. The address bar shows this http://static.quiltingboard.com/uplo...2-img_0862.jpg

So, I will just delete the "static" and replace with www...it works, but who wants to go through all of that just to see a pic?? Not Moi...so I quit getting on the board. I have just been checking this thread for updates.

just lee, thanks for posting this. I use Safari and the option to "open in a new window/tab" doesn't show there, but if I switch to IE, I'm sure it will.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 AM

thank you
Old 08-31-2011, 10:58 AM

Sandpat...sorry, but I don't know anything about Safari and I am really jealous of those who have Macs!!! lol Anyway, surely you have a way to open a duplicate window...when I right click, it gives me the option of copying the link, saving image, or open in another window. If you can copy the link, paste, and then follow previous instructions, it should work?? Like I said though, it's a lot of hoops, so I just make sure the pics are a "must see"...for now, until this is resolved lol
Old 08-31-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
of course the techs are working on this. TaliaRose acknowledged that on the first page of this topic. :hunf:
Patrice~

I am not familiar with Talia or her role, but is she just on QB or part of the Internet Brands who oversees this site (or whatever it is that they do exactly)? I really think it's something to do with the server that QB is on, perhaps through Internet Brands or who they use, and not sure that you all will be able to correct the problem. Maybe I am way off here, but just hate to see you all waste your time if it's nothing you can change/ fix/ etc. Dunno..hmmppff
Old 08-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
...hate to see you all waste your time if it's nothing you can change/ fix/ etc. Dunno..hmmppff
i, personally, can't fix it.

the information you, Karen's husband, and redpurselady provided was greeted by the techs with much gratitude. :thumbup:

they are hot on the trail of a solution. your clues have been extremely valuable to that. :-)

p.s. - helping my friends here at the board is never a waste of my time. ;-)
Old 08-31-2011, 12:11 PM

I think we are all going through withdrawal :-) and eagerly waiting to get our board back to normal.

Thank you Patrice and the techs for working on this.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:14 PM

We need hard crust bread to go with the cheese and fresh fruit!! My favorite snack...where do we meet??!!!