boy was i ever ripped off!

Old 07-05-2010, 09:35 PM

I wouldn't shop there either.

For what you spend on gas to and from, plus your time so they could get it wrong, I'd buy online from the reputable sites noted in the forum and pay the shipping instead. So far I've had very good experiences. The fabric colors have been accurate to the photos on the websites. I've also found that if I need a particular fabric, I can Google it to find out who might have it - sometimes even on sale.

Most will let you return something unless it was clearance.

I still believe we vote with our feet and our hard-earned dollars.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Gal

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I do exactly what Eddie does! I have worked all my life in fabric stores and mistakes happen every day for one reason or another!
By watching every step of the way it helps to eliminate mistakes. This shop's service sounds down right sloppy, I would take my custom elsewhere!

Gal
Old 07-06-2010, 02:52 AM

If you can't get satisfaction, send a written complaint to the BBB, and consumer affairs, of your state. That will get results from them. If you paid by credit card, dispute the charges, until the store makes it right, that will also get their attention.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:11 AM

Where in northern MI was it? I do get up north once in awhile and will stay away from that shop. Maybe if the word gets back to them that they have a bad reputation they will change. It is a shame that they treat their customers that way. Hope they make it wright.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:03 AM

In the past I have gotten shorted yardage a few times or the fabric cut is crooked and have been told that once it's cut you bought it. It erked me so much that they were so rude. Now when I go to those places I pick my fabric out and stand there and watch them cut the fabric and warn them if it is cut crooked I won't buy it and also I remesure there cuts. I won't pay for that I walk out of the store and nothing they can do about it. My Walmart does a very good job of cutting fabric.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:06 AM

I'd call the Better Business Bureau in your area and see if you can get some satisfaction that way. And I guess I'd let all my friends know to recheck their bags before they leave the store. If they do that in front of the clerks and other customers and note the reason why(a friend has been short changed 3 times), it might make the owner pay attention.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:12 AM

The my boss at the LQS where I work one day a week would faint dead away if we treated our customers that way if you were a weekly shopper or yearly - we have sent people fabric if they call and say we miss cut... make sure when you write to the better business buerau you carbon copy the shop... they need to know they were reported - that may help them change their tune!

I absolutely do not mind if you ask me to check my measurements or my calculations... I am human and I make mistakes - I will sleep better knowing that I did it right.

Please share the name of the shop cause there are enough good shops out there that the rest of us can avoid them...
Old 07-06-2010, 04:15 AM
Power Poster

I agree with the others, they need to be turned into the BBB if they arent willing to make things right. I'd never shop there again either!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 AM

YOU HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!!! I would not give them the opportunity to do so again!!!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:34 AM

I would definitely not do business there again.