boy was i ever ripped off!

Old 07-05-2010, 02:10 PM

Yes, if they don't respond satisfactorily then do report them to the Better Business Bureau. It's very easy to do at their website:

http://www.bbb.org/

I filed a complaint with the bbb after a retailer repeatedly ignored my complaint after multiple attempts to resolve it with them. Boy, did the BBB complaint I filed ever get a response from them! They immediately contacted me and made it right, apologizing profusely, etc. It really does work, businesses don't want to get a bad reputation with the public, so sometimes they have to be prodded to do the right thing.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:53 PM

I would be upset,too. They should make it right with you.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:55 PM

Some good suggestions here. Take a picture & write a letter. In the letter mention reporting to the BBB. And if it was pd by credit card, contact them too. Let them know you're serious.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:16 PM
QKO

Had a similar experience.
wanted the whole bolt,clerk said"this just came in this morning nothing cut off this bolt so it is the full 20 yds"
"So I won't bother taking it all off the bolt and rewrapping."
no problem paid for the 20yds and left
well get home and start unrolling and cutting only to find that there are only 12 yds on the bolt!
Owners response" how do we know you didn't cut some off?"
lost my business!
some of the LQS should close!

I don't know of any fabrics that are put up in 20 yard bolts for stores. We get 10's and 15's (which is the most prevelant), and some companies, like Quilting Treasures, put up 12's.

But I've never heard of 20 yard bolts, except for some battings, like Insulbrite..
Old 07-05-2010, 04:13 PM

I was told that a full bolt is normally only 15 yds, not 20. I'd
be really ticked too.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Definitely report them to the BBB, especially since this is
not the only time you got cheated. Also notify your credit
card company if you used one. Tell them about it and dispute
the amount charged to your card.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:30 PM

Statistics say that a happy customer will tell 20 people about their experience, but an unhappy customer will tell 200. Maybe she should be made aware of how many people you've already told, and how far reaching your complaint has been made. Then tell her that you would love for your next post to all those same people tell how diligent she was in resolving the issue. Give her this website address, and your post's title, and let her see what kind of advertising she's getting...maybe she will see the need to make much needed changes!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

great advice everyone, and just to let you know....my local shops which i do get to as often as possible are totally different than this one...they are wonderfully helpful, nice and happy to see anyone who comes through the door, even takes my hubby under their wings and helps him fill my stocking every year with the greatest stuff! this one is almost 100 miles away in a direction i seem to go in once or twice a year, usually my work schedule does not make it possible for me to get there during their open hours, this was a special sale day...and i realize it was my fault for not being more diligent. but geez,
i am going to take pictures of each item i purchased and take pictures of the cut-fabric slip and the register receipt...the fabric slip shows the panal and 2 coordinates and the register slip shows that she charged for 3...and i figure i can lay my tape measure across the fabric pieces and show they are 1 yard each...so, going to keep trying...if i don't get anywhere i will be notifying the bbb and you will all get to hear where this shop is...
Old 07-05-2010, 05:17 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey
maybe notify the better business bureau...
thats what i am thinking
Old 07-05-2010, 05:17 PM

Did you pay via credit card? You can dispute the charge. Keep copies of e-mails and notes about phone calls. When the bill comes you can file a claim and short pay the charge based on what you should have been charged. I've had to do this before. It's a real hassle and there are forms you have to fill out, but the principle of it make it worth the effort. Good luck.