boy was i ever ripped off!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:33 AM
JJs
Banned

I'm sure people think I'm unreasonable but I watch my stuff being cut AND I count the stack before checking out.....

cheated once - shame on them
cheated twice - shame on me
Old 07-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

So sorry you are getting the run around :cry:

I am very fortunate that my LQS is wonderful. But I do watch them cut , better safe then sorry :wink: They have made mistakes m but fix them no problem :lol:

I would not go back ever again, for any reason . Too many other places want your business
Old 07-05-2010, 11:46 AM

Wow, that just bites! I think you definately need to stay on them and insist that you get what you paid for. You are the customer, it is their job to make you happy and satitsfied customer. What does the reciept say about return policies? If it came down to it, I would tell them you are sending it all back and expect a full return if they intend to try to cheat you. (I am stubborn like that though, I would probably drive back there myself just to make a point!) Good luck, keep uc updated on what happens!
~Karen
Old 07-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Google Goddess

sorry to hear about your bad experience, please follow thru with phone calls to talk to the owner, sounds like the help is keeping the difference for themselves

also report that store to the better business bureau

good luck and keep us posted
Old 07-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Banned

check the end of the bolt and see what it says about yardage. Also, do you still have the end you cut to straighten up. That should show whether or not you cut some off.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

i am not able to drive back to try to remedy this they are over an hour away and work keeps me from being able to get there during their normal hours...that's why it was a treat to go...i am hoping that i am able to talk to the owner tomorrow, i figure she should cut me my 2yard piece and send it to me, after all i already paid for it...but we will see what happens, even if she does send me the replacement fabric i doubt that i will ever go back there, there are too many good shops around...and normally i do watch when my fabs are being cut this time though i was kind of 'herded' out of the way ...it was somewhat busy. i will certainly not be pushed out of the way ever again...or if i can not be right there while cutting is going on i will really be irritating and unfold every fabric and check the length before checking out...lesson learned, but bumber deal...
Old 07-05-2010, 12:22 PM

Make certain they will give you a refund before taking it back, but definitely take it back! Making this kind of error 3 times is ridiculous.

Just buy hubby a good breakfast, lunch, or dinner and he'll be glad to make the return trip. Always works for me. :lol:
Old 07-05-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey
maybe notify the better business bureau...
I agree. You probably aren't the only one that is getting taken advantage of. If we don't complain nothing ever happens!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:27 PM

yep, don't take your eyes away when your fabric is being cut. Always check the slip they write stuff down on before you go to pay. Naturally, we want to be good customers as we stand there waiting nicely but it's OK (make that a really huge OK) to be the pain-in-the butt customer that makes sure you are getting what you pay for. Ask questions, make sure sales items are marked, take your own notepad and calculator and tally up what you should be paying. It may be a few cents off from the register but MAKE SURE any questions are answered before you hand them your credit card. By the way, if you did pay with a credit card you might be able to get the purchase reimbursed by disputing it with your card provider. They investigate and charge the store back if the store screwed up.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:31 PM

In this instance I think you should send a letter explaining all of your shopping experiences that have happened in the past as well as this recent one. Take a photo of what your received and what you were charged. Explain everything politely and then tell the shop owner what you would like for a remedy. I find a written complaint goes a lot farther than just a phone call. I also send them registered or signature required so that I have proof someone actually received the letter.