boy was i ever ripped off!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:53 PM
joy

There are so many of you that have been ripped off... have you all been shopping at the same shop...??? Name the shop.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by catmcclure
A woman in Dallas did that about 20 or so years ago. She got sued by the car dealer. Big mess.

"you can do what a friend did when she was ripped off by a car dealer. she had never bought a new car before and was excited about this one. three days after warranty, it stopped making left turns. every time she needed to turn left she had to figure out how to do it making only rights. impossible. the dealer told her he was not responsible. it was out of warranty. then, she could have the part, but she would have to pay labor. then, she would have to deal with the factory herself. finally, she made up a big sign and parked right across from the dealership. she sat on the car and held up the sign for all the world to see. 'I BOUGHT THIS LEMON ACROSS THE STREET'. everyone passing by had a huge laugh. after 4 days the dealer replaced not the problem, but the lemon.
she ended up with a new car direct from the factory. she lost 4 days of work, but it was cheaper than a car."
this car dealer didn't want any more bad press, i'm sure. what a headline that would make "car dealer sues woman over lemon car he sold her".
Old 07-06-2010, 03:19 PM

I love shopping at quilt shops the ladies are so helpful and fun to talk to. It just seems that one shop is not as caring and concerned about your business as all the others that I have visited. It is a shame but please know that not all shops are that bad.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:45 PM

This is not a nice thing to suggest but find out about the local newspaper, or other forms and communication and see about putting an ad in the paper asking if anyone else has had this problem. It would be interesting to see how often they cheat others and refuse to make it right.

I do not put up with a stores arrogance and would never return there again.

The LQS I go to I love. They are so helpful but I do watch them cut my fabric. Wish all stores who sell fabrics cut the way they do. I also take classes there.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 PM

I am so sorry for your bad experience. It seems like every where we go, we have to double check to make sure we get what we ordered, and are paying the correct amount for it and nothing more. Frustrating! Makes me want to shop online, using PayPal, so as to have some recourse. I hope the shop owner is much nicer than her employee, and makes this right.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:23 PM

I'd make that my LAST visit at that quilt store for sure! Goodness! I hope the owner calls you back and has business senses enough to make it right by you!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 PM
joy

The owner may not call back because she has not been told...
Old 07-06-2010, 04:36 PM

I think if it were me, IF I ever went back to that shop, I'd watch them like a hawk. Every cut they make, have them REmeasure it and fold it right there and write down the price of it. Do that for every piece of fabric you buy. Yep, it will make them furious, especially if they're trying deliberately to cheat you. But remind them that is how you handle people who cheat you. Sheez... that IS upsetting. At the cash register, then, ask the cashier to call out each and every item BEFORE she rings it up.

I think I'd file a very detailed complaint, with copies of bills and everything, with your state's Attorney General. That way, if too many complaints ensue, there will be an investigation into their sales practices. You're probably not the only one this has happened to. There are bad eggs in every crate. Sorry this happened to you! It doesn't pay to be too trusting anymore. :(
Old 07-06-2010, 04:36 PM

I have learned the hard way that I never leave a store (including grocery store) with on sale anything until I have checked my receipt. Recently I bought a lot of things at a craft store....on check out most all of the items rang up full price. Had to redo the entire purchase (both of us). I am sad to say I find something most all of the time.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:05 PM

that happens to me a lot too but not always at lqs but i blame myself..first ..not good to shop in a hurry..two..you need to watch when your fabric is being cut..and three..which should really be no two..find out the price before the cutting..when check out time comes and the amount doesnt quite sound right ..just go over everything or double check your receipt..kust like the grocery store...but anyhow does sound like you got some neat stuff