boy was i ever ripped off!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by bob1414
We patronize local quilt shops so we CAN HAVE customer service instead of ordering online. We patronize local quilt shops so we can get something we cannot get from online. If they do not give it to us, what's the point??
Exactly!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:35 PM

Call the better business bureau and report it.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:53 PM

I am so sorry that you all were cheated but i'm glad you told us now we can look out for these people that cut it for us. ty
Old 07-06-2010, 01:56 PM

A woman in Dallas did that about 20 or so years ago. She got sued by the car dealer. Big mess.

"you can do what a friend did when she was ripped off by a car dealer. she had never bought a new car before and was excited about this one. three days after warranty, it stopped making left turns. every time she needed to turn left she had to figure out how to do it making only rights. impossible. the dealer told her he was not responsible. it was out of warranty. then, she could have the part, but she would have to pay labor. then, she would have to deal with the factory herself. finally, she made up a big sign and parked right across from the dealership. she sat on the car and held up the sign for all the world to see. 'I BOUGHT THIS LEMON ACROSS THE STREET'. everyone passing by had a huge laugh. after 4 days the dealer replaced not the problem, but the lemon.
she ended up with a new car direct from the factory. she lost 4 days of work, but it was cheaper than a car."
Old 07-06-2010, 02:06 PM

Call them again if she doesn't call back and tell them you are posting this experience. That might get some results.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:14 PM

I would continue to try to work with them if no luck contact one of your local T.V. stations that handle problems like that, or just mention to them you will call the T.V. stations. It works they do not want their name in the bad.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:21 PM

When my store was open. If that happened we would send it out free of charge. If over charge, we would credit account. I even sent a check to one lady. I don't know how they are staying in business. I was always nice and courteous fixed any problem and I had to close. Go figure. Definitely would not shop there again.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 PM

Insulted & ripped off in one day, no fair!!! You deserve some chocolate.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
so, over the weekend there was a sale at a quilt shop i very seldom manage to visit (good thing too) it is almost 100 miles away. i love their selection and it seems like it could be a pretty good place; problem is...
i am starting to feel as if they (make mistakes) on purpose...bad as that sounds; this was my 3rd visit to this store...the first visit i purchase some sale items and did not receive the advertised discount on the items, did not notice until i got home...was only cents...i let it go...second visit i asked for a 1/2 yard cut of a fabric and when i got home i only had a fat quarter...i called the shop, they apologized but could not fix it...
now to the third (and last) visit...
this time we were on the motorcycle on our way to the airshow, hubby was nice enough to give me 1/2 an hour to shop at this shop i only go by a couple times a year. i found 2 sale fabrics that were needed and while they were being cut i looked around at the non-sale stuff. so i bought 1yard each of the 2 sale fabrics, found a 60 degree ruler i needed and then picked out a new wilderness panal with 2 coordinates...asked for 1 panal, 1 yard of one of the coordinates and 2 yards of the second one (for borders) i thought i did pretty good...5 yards of fabric (2 on sale for 30%off) and a ruler...the bill was $75.65!...i went out the door thinking...boy, so i didn't do so well after all...good thing i stopped looking...
so we don't get home till late and it is the next day when i get a chance to get my bag out and look at everything...including the receipt...i was charged for the 2 sale fab's ...ok,. the ruler...ok; the panal...ok, then there are 3 other fabrics (at 10.49 per yard) i only had 2...so i was charged $10.49 for something i did not get; then i actually unfold the fabrics and the one that was for borders, which i asked for 2yards of and was charged for 2 yards...is only 1 yard...so now i'm out $20.98 + tax...and i'm pretty upset...
i normally do not pay 10.49 a yard for any fabric, but really wanted it...i paid $41.56 +tax for 2 yards of fabric!!!and am short and can not even use what i have without buying more...
and yes...i contacted the store...first person...very defensive and rude...and how do they know i was shorted?...well i guess because i wouldn't be making a long distance call to tell you about it if i weren't...i'd be happy....
the owner was not available when i called...i am still waiting to hear from her...and i really do not expect her to do anything (especially if she's anything like the person working for her) but at least an apology and assurance that maybe my business is valued? or they could cut me my 2 yard piece and send it to me...i'd even be willing to send back the one yard piece i did not ask for... anyway...had to vent, i am so very upset...
Tell her you're telling US the name of the store, and there are HUNDREDS of us on the board who will NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM HER unless she makes this right. You've been mistreated once too often. If she has a web address or Email address, give it to us, so we can POLITELY remind her that the customer is always right.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:34 PM

I am lucky that I live in an area the has several terrific quilt shops. it seems that there is always that one shop though. They act like it's killing them to cut fabric, because they really need me to buy a sewing machine, and they go after me pretty aggressively. They always ask "What are you sewing on?" and I always reply'The kitchen table.'