boy was i ever ripped off!

Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 PM

Because of so many mistakes being made at several fabric stores, I now try to always add up what I have bought before going to the checkstand. Good to take a calculator along. It is sad that we have to be so careful of our buys. Wonder if it is just mistakes or their way of making a living. things cost enough without being overcharged. Sorry to hear of your bad experiences.....we just have to be cautious all the time. I sure wouldn't let that store get away what they done. Stand firm until they make it right.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Power Poster

Those stores deserve to go out of business. I was cheated once, she said she made a mistake, kept taking off prices and putting different prices on, I couldn't read the receipt. I didn't lose much, I didn't buy much. I never went back, they did close up, I guess they cheated too many people.
Usually people keep letting them get by with it or they would go out much faster.
I'm finding Doctors offices and insurance company trying to cheat me also, wanting me to pay more than I should.
Money is so important to them, I guess no one has ever told them, they will have to answer for their actions one day.
They only get one chance at me. No second chances.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:33 PM

You should let all the quilters know the name of the store so they can stay away. It's terrible when a store tries to rip you off. I've had that trouble at JoAnn's fabric, I am now very careful when I shop there, and always watch while they are ringing me up.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:02 PM

I used to own a fabric shop and had the same thing happen it was sometime short from the vendor lots of time a yard and and often more.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:24 PM

Did you use a credit card to pay for the fabric? If so, you can call the card company and stop payment until the issue is resolved. Same with a check. I wouldn't mind paying the $5.00 service fee to get my $45.00 back.

After you stop paying them, take the ride to the shop (make sure the manager will be there). Take the whole mess into her/him. It sounds as if someone working in the store is shorting customers and then stealing the difference without the boss knowing it. Stay calm, I think you can get them in the wallet. Worth a try anyway.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:26 PM

That's a great suggestion and worth a try. Good reason to always pay by credit cards.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:30 PM

THE THIEVES! If three out of three visits you have been ripped off something IS wrong. Write a letter, send it registered post. Tell quilters the store name, when word begins to circulate...and they find out their practices are known they will either shape up or go out of business. I've been exposed to that sort of practice in a local grocery store...everyone I knew experienced same treatment. Advertised sale prices, rung up differently at check out, etc. I'd stay and make them make it right....most of the time. Then I quit shopping there. They closed down. DON'T keep shopping there!!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:36 PM

I guess I would be advertising the name of that shop in a hurry. That is terrible.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:36 PM

make the next phone to the states attorneys office they often can help with these kina problems
Old 07-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Wow, think I would just wave next time I drove by that store. They don't sound like reputable people. sorry....