boy was i ever ripped off!

Old 07-05-2010, 05:23 PM

Good luck getting this straightened out. Isn't it funny how different stores handle their customers!! One time I bought a shirt for my husband and an assortment of other items at one of my favorite department stores (K---'S). Got home, checked the receipt and realized I'd been charged twice for the shirt. Went back to the store, explained what had happened (had no actual proof that I hadn't bought two identical shirts), my money was refunded with no questions asked. Can't beat that for good customer relations!!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by kbiederman
Wow, that just bites! I think you definately need to stay on them and insist that you get what you paid for. You are the customer, it is their job to make you happy and satitsfied customer. What does the reciept say about return policies? If it came down to it, I would tell them you are sending it all back and expect a full return if they intend to try to cheat you. (I am stubborn like that though, I would probably drive back there myself just to make a point!) Good luck, keep uc updated on what happens!
~Karen
Yes, I guess I agree with Karen. I would make the trip, return everything and make it very clear that I wanted a full refund....liking the fabric a lot or not.....and if there were others in the store, I would be pretty vocal about it as well. There is no reason for being rude to a customer, businesses depend on us for their survival. Perhaps new staff is in order????

Wow, that just bites! I think you definately need to stay on them and insist that you get what you paid for. You are the customer, it is their job to make you happy and satitsfied customer. What does the reciept say about return policies? If it came down to it, I would tell them you are sending it all back and expect a full return if they intend to try to cheat you. (I am stubborn like that though, I would probably drive back there myself just to make a point!) Good luck, keep uc updated on what happens!
~Karen
Yes, I guess I agree with Karen. I would make the trip, return everything and make it very clear that I wanted a full refund....liking the fabric a lot or not.....and if there were others in the store, I would be pretty vocal about it as well. There is no reason for being rude to a customer, businesses depend on us for their survival. Perhaps new staff is in order????

~Karen
Old 07-05-2010, 06:14 PM

yikes triple post....mistake
Old 07-05-2010, 06:38 PM

I always stay at the table when my stuff is being cut. My LQS is pretty generous. One time when I was buying stuff for a strip quilt the clerk said, I will cut this an inch longer to be sure you get enough for two strips.
But at Joann and Hobby Lobby I often say, make sure I get the full cut so I don't run short. I have had the previous cut angled so I end up short.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:03 PM

They won't be in business at this rate! Leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. I won't do business with stores like this once burnt and the owners won't be sincere in making things right! I usually tell them I can be a great source of advertising when I am happy with my experience or I can be the worst if I have been done wrong! I would have a hard time even enjoying my purchases! Hope you can get it settled!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by QKO
I don't know of any fabrics that are put up in 20 yard bolts for stores. We get 10's and 15's (which is the most prevelant), and some companies, like Quilting Treasures, put up 12's.

But I've never heard of 20 yard bolts, except for some battings, like Insulbrite..

About 10 years ago fabric did come as 20 yard bolts ( I used to buy plenty). But they downsized just like everything is (look a cereal and ice cream!) and now it's either 12 or 15 yards (mostly the former).
Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Power Poster

I would feel very upset about this. First to be cheated then to be accused of cheating! If the owner will not do what is right then post the name of the shop here. That will do wonders too!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Power Poster

That is horrible. I would never shop there again.