Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
i am lactose intolerant so if i can find it in soy formulation i'm all for it. b'fast, lunch are shakes--right? and dinner is real food , small portions. any snacks?
I watched some vids on you-tube on 'whey for losing weight' and saw that there are 2 kinds of whey they make.One is the regular,the other is for lactose intolerant for those who can not drink milk.So,yes,they do.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:11 AM

Thanks for the great tips. I now have a notebook right here by my computer so that I can take notes. Now I won't forget about the whey protein or the Kashi cereal. It's near impossible to go back through these pages looking for something!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Hi everyone, sounds like everyone is doing good. I need to get back on the program. My blood sugar being screwed up has really messed up my food plan. Having to eat sugary food to get my blood sugar up when it falls is like a trigger for me. Have a good day everyone.

Oh Xylie, can you remind me when and how you use spirutien?

Keep on going; keep on losing!
Yes, I use non dairy creamer myself because I can make several gallons of 'milk' out of it and it's cheap.I make 1 gal at a time.Get 2 cups of non dairy creamer,and add some hot water,just enough to melt it down and mix it.Add cold water to make 1 gallon.get the spirutein from the health food store only,no off brands,they don't work.I know,I tried them.I add 2 heaping scoops to a pitcher of the milk and turn it on and mix it up.Add some ice and let it set to thicken up.Some times I'll ad 1 cup of oatmeal to give it more bulk and to help with hungar pangs.I have some here,so will get back on it.I haven't used any in yrs because I haven't needed any.But know I need it now.It helps with the pee and will pull the water off.
it also has all the nutritional needs.You will lose weight on it.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
Thanks for the great tips. I now have a notebook right here by my computer so that I can take notes. Now I won't forget about the whey protein or the Kashi cereal. It's near impossible to go back through these pages looking for something!
I know what you mean I got a notebook too at my computer.Cause like now,we're already up to 42 pages and not even at the 1/2 mark for august.I went back a few times,buy couldn't find what I was looking for either.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:38 PM
elm

Hurray! The scale finally says I lost another pound. Spent from 9:30 to about 2pm with the instructor and other members of the class at a LQS picking out fabric for our next projects and then enjoying lunch together. On the way home, even though I was a little tired, I made myself stop at the senior center and exercise for about forty minutes. Then continued on to a local market to pick up fruit so I'd have no excuse not to eat healthy in the morning. All in all, a great day. Hope you all are having a good one also.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:38 PM

hey folks!
Great recipes!
Back from hospital tests, evidently I'm good because they didn't keep me. They told me they would if I needed a stent or something.

Back on the plan again. I walked a little today, we had a blessed cool down, today is only 85! Very nice!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:16 PM

good morning! i know, i know. it is for me! what a lot of good info! i weighed in, a day early, but have dropped a little. always nice! not where i would like to be but headed in the right direction. that spirutein is sounding better and better! lol
jeanne-- check with your dr before you try the spirutein or the whey! i'm concerned that your blood sugar instability could be really sent out of whack by it. i'm not a nurse, i just play one on t.v. seriously, i think it's worth a little caution!
mj-- so, guess that's good news! we like to have you at home, right there within fingertip's reach at the computer! your new little pup is looking very fine! do the other dogs get jealous their pictures are not on-line? my kitten gets green over anything monkey gets more of, even if she just imagines it. such a silly girl, and really very smart, aren't they all!? i will miss my girls while on my trip, but my son will be here with them. he accepts how pampered and spoiled they are, and i've made him take a solemn vow to keep up the same level of adoration and attention they are accustomed to. they will let me know if he has not.they are terrible tattletales! lol
i'm glad everyone is forging ahead. sounds like all is well in our little thread kingdom (queendom?). i have those blocks to finish for the boom...don't know why they aren't done? i beaded one heavily as i watched the cowboys' football game. don't know how she will incorporate that into a useable quilt, but it is a lovely black, white and grey paisley and there sat some great pearlized white, irridescent black seed beads and silver bugle beads. how could i resist? i hope she enjoys it. now, the others. haven't enough time to bead everyone's, so will do some simpler blocks, hopefully still attractive to their 'mommies'. i do enjoy doing them, and receiving them and will be doing it again this next round. lovingizabella is the host and she is wonderful, so if you're looking for something of this kind, check us out on the thread boomerang swap 5 south. that's my group. and there is also north. haven't checked to see if there are east and west groups. there are lots of pics. yum! eye candy! off to do!
i am losing weight-way to slowly for me, but that way it will stay off. i am in control. it is up to me!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:41 AM

Mj,sound good.Your right,they would of said or done something if it were needed.So,that is great news.Well tonight I been watching {or found I should say} a guy named Steve Turano.A fitness trainer that knows more than a lot of the magazine articles writers about how the body works and he has 257 video's {on you-tube}all on losing weight,and getting rid of fat and burning calories.He is interesting and makes a lot of sense.I heard things I never heard before.He goes opposite of most today's modern guru's on how to lose weight.In fact he just makes more sense all the way around.Please check him out.I put them on auto play,they change themselves and I'm clipping right through them as their short but to the point.Very interesting and am learning a lot.I will lose this weight,I am going to lose this weight.YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!DO IT
Old 08-16-2011, 02:35 AM

Good morning to all. Yesterday was a good day. Stayed in my calories and did my exercise.

Woke up with a slight headache this morning and really don't feel much like doing anything. Today is one of my light days on exercise but think I will take a break today. Tomorrow is another day.

Have a wonderful, blessed day
Old 08-16-2011, 03:02 AM

Good morning everyone!
MJ - so glad you're home, hope everything keeps getting better for you.
nancia - Your trip is sooo close now, how exciting. Tell your son if he doesn't make sure to give the proper amount of adoration, cuddling and spoiling to your four legged kids that you know someone on your weight lose threas that would be happy to pound him to a pulp!
Xylie - Thanks for the spirutein recipe. How often a day do you drink it?

I weighed in this morning and found I had lost 2 lbs. That was a pleasant surprise. This may sound funny but please everyone pray that I have a hypoglycemic episode today so I can get that blood test done. I had two over the weekend but the clinic lab wasn't open so I couldn't get the test done. My blood sugar was low yesterday but not low enough to be considered in the hypoglycemic range. I have to serve at a funeral tomorrow so I don't have time to mess with it so It has to be today!

Have a good day everyone. One day at a Time; One Pound at a Time!