Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 AM

Hi Karen, you're not whining. If you feel that way, then something has to ( or should ) change. Tell yourself that YOU are worth slimming for and that eating whats bad for you will not help your daughter get to college. Money for me is also tight but would it help if you put the money you might have spent on a snack into a jar for your daughter to take to college with her? I am thinking of you.
On a better note I haven't lost any weight BUT considering I ve just had a holiday it was good I didn't gain any either .My 9 days off included 1 ice cream ,quite a few beers( well it was germany!) and 2 meals where I had fries . Otherwise I did not drive at all, we walked or cycled everywhere( I mean that!) walked to shops ,cycled to church, walked to train station and walked to restaurant. I feel loads better! Hope I can now continue my good habits!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:48 AM

Do you guys do this every month... will there be one starting in September???
Old 08-18-2011, 09:17 AM

I certainly hope so cause I feel that my chances of winning this month are zero. To console myself , I am hoping that next months FQ tally will be REALLY big as we all try to slim in time for christmas !! If you read all of the thread you will see that you can still join in the chat even tho you missed the deadline for the competition. :D
Old 08-18-2011, 11:54 AM

We are here EVERY month, just find us by the month (aug) and year (2011)

We are glad to have your participation and encouragement. Many people log in on the first, not many stay for the duration. I've noticed that the ones to contribute on the thread are here for the long haul and eventually do well. We all have our ups and downs due to medications, illnesses and life events. The important criteria is that we DO NOT GIVE UP!

We are changing our life habits to change our health and life prognosis...

I have had a good day. I need to be moving more. I did today and I don't hurt as badly. Encourage me to move.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:08 PM

nante--welcome! we're always here, day, night someone seems to be on site! advice is free, taking it is voluntary. there no doubt will be a september 2011 weight loss adventure, so look for it at the end of august/beginning of sept. sign up is by the 3rd to be in competition for the sq's (fat quarter sounds so wrong for our cause, lol)and any time to just get support and motivation!
efayard-- welcome to you, too! and special good luck- if i lived within 100 miles of new orleans i would be 300lbs fatter!! that's a town that knows good food!
missy-- welcome back! i leave for dallas tomorrow a.m. very, very early! can't wait to hold my baby (grand, and son and daughter!) plus i have several friends waiting to visit! guess i will have no trouble filling my days! as if that was a question! figure if my back gets bad olivia and i can just lounge on the sofa together!
melissadove-- glad you had a fun trip! i have a lot of family roots in germany, and a bit of scotch/irish , too, so have both/all of those places on my travel list! so far i've made it to canada,greece, paris and china, and most states in the u.s. always ready to go! love me a good road trip!
my weight has gone down a little but i had hoped to lose 20 lbs this week. i'm going to be seeing friends afterall, and i want them to be astonished at my weight loss. right now i just look the same as usual. no doubt i'll be eating my weight in barbeque, mesquite grilled steaks, and tex-mex! ono, just thinking about it makes me gain! and grin!
i will be back in a bit. i need to take a quick shower and i hear a storm coming. can't get hit by lightening until i'm at goal wweight. don't want those cute emt's seeing me heavy!lol. catcha in a few!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 PM

ok, mj! don't make me come over there and make you get up!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:34 PM

hey, karen, i forgot to say good going! i meant it, just forgot to say it. do you mean to tell me you couldn't hear my thoughts?
Old 08-18-2011, 12:53 PM

Welcome newbies!

Nancie have a safe trip and a great time with Olivia.

Karen my prayers are with you. I know what it's like to live in a situation like yours. My ex was similar to your kids father. Thank God after my divorce I met a wonderful man whom I married - we've been together almost 25 years. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself and you kids. Hope your daughter gets off to college O.K.

I lost 2 lbs. this week last time I weighed but my eating has been bad the last couple of days so not sure where I'm at now. My weighin day is officially tomorrow so I find out in the morning. Will post after I weigh in. Have a good night everyone.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:25 PM

you, too, jeanne! hugs
Old 08-18-2011, 01:47 PM

I walked to the mailbox! I walked to the mailbox! Yippee for Me!

for those not "in the know" my mailbox is down a very steep incline and about 1/10 of a mile from my house. It is a very very major walk for me. and I did it today!