Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. >

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
I think it's adorable! For some reason I look at it and I laugh! Oh thats not a bad thing, it's so cute it has a feel good feeling about it! I love it!! And yes he done a great job chosing the fabrics!! LOVE the sky!!
Actually it reminds of a church in Sienna, Italy. The stripes being uneven give more shape to the building. I love it. and thanks for the memory!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:07 AM

Well, I am glad this topic came up today as you all can see! I went through the entire45 pages and enjoyed it all. Now I have to make a block too.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by sherriequilts
Well I did it!! If it weren't for the silly 1 inch block being off it wouldn't took near as long!! I found my "Lady" in my stash, she looked as if she were raising hands towards Heaven, so I said "Perfect"!!
Your "Lady" is perfect. Love your block and the sky is brilliant. I think the dimensions are perfect too.
Well thank you Sherrie! Thats very sweet of you!! (My feathers just bloomed again!) Ha! :mrgreen:
Old 01-14-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by sherriequilts
I think it's adorable! For some reason I look at it and I laugh! Oh thats not a bad thing, it's so cute it has a feel good feeling about it! I love it!! And yes he done a great job chosing the fabrics!! LOVE the sky!!
Actually it reminds of a church in Sienna, Italy. The stripes being uneven give more shape to the building. I love it. and thanks for the memory!
Sherrie thank YOU for the kind thoughts, I wish I see a picture of your church in Italy. I'm use to Paper Piecing but never done anything as this. I want to do other churchs with an International flare when I can. Thank You again, you've made me smile! :XD:
Old 01-14-2011, 09:10 AM

This is my first attempt at paper piecing -- actually it's my first block period. When it was finished I really didn't like my fabric choices and the pattern wasn't right. (One window is bigger.)

bom jan 003
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159931[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159926.jpe  
Old 01-14-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Carol B.
This is my first attempt at paper piecing -- actually it's my first block period. When it was finished I really didn't like my fabric choices and the pattern wasn't right. (One window is bigger.)
This is my second attempt. Pattern tweeked and I sure like these fabric choices better. I did add window sills and a window in the steeple. I think it still needs something -- help!!

bom jan 004
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159932[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159927.jpe  
Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 AM

This is my second attempt. Pattern tweeked and I sure like these fabric choices better. I did add window sills and a window in the steeple. I think it still needs something -- help!!
the vines, the birds, the added window - great ideas! - I think it looks plain to you now because it is all by its lonesome. Once more blocks are made, you be able to see where more embellishments might fit in. Wonderful first - you are a quilter ~ yea!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:43 AM

Carol, I think it looks pretty good....I'd wait until you put all the blocks together and then see what each one needs extra. May even have to wait until it's quilted so the embellishments don't get in the way of the quilting. Love the windows with the vines. Good job.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:47 AM

I like the fabrics of your first attempt..I think once it is set with other blocks it will pop as they say.. :) Well at least I think it will..anyways. Have an awesome day :)
Old 01-14-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by mommamac
the vines, the birds, the added window - great ideas! - I think it looks plain to you now because it is all by its lonesome. Once more blocks are made, you be able to see where more embellishments might fit in. Wonderful first - you are a quilter ~ yea!
Thanks for your input -- I may try one more. I see you are from Maine. We usually come to York at least once a year. I love Maine -- maybe I'll paper piece the Nubble:) My mother-in-law is from Dover NH.