Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Kind Of Chair Do You Use While >

What Kind Of Chair Do You Use While

What Kind Of Chair Do You Use While

Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 AM

Well I have one of them folding chairs and my back is always killing mr. Have to look around for a computer chair it would be cheaper for me.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:04 AM

My back starts to ache if I sit in a chair too long. I snatched this from my husband's office several years ago and LOVE it!

PS....pictured is my sewing buddy 'Crickie'. She is much cuter than the picture shows....she's having a bad hair day!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145599.jpe  
Old 03-08-2011, 06:27 AM

Adjustable computer chair with wheels & no arms
Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 AM

Your chair should be a height so that your arms bend at a right angle when touching your sewing machine. If your table is higher than a regular sewing machine cabinet, this might be a tall task to find a proper chair. This is my current problem. I bought the highest adjustable office chair I could buy in my town. No arms for me, that's what I prefer.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by barboonie2
My back starts to ache if I sit in a chair too long. I snatched this from my husband's office several years ago and LOVE it!

PS....pictured is my sewing buddy 'Crickie'. She is much cuter than the picture shows....she's having a bad hair day!
So my question is this, how do you use the foot pedal if your knees are on that lower part? I could never use one of those because I have a bad hip and have to keep my right leg stretched out in front of me, or my toes go to sleep and then my sciatic nerve acts up. I have heard lots of people who like them though. Cute dog, Heidi would want to carry him around in her mouth like a baby.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 AM

An office chair with wheels even found a pretty red one on WalMart.com with free shipping I love it.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 AM

I sit on a wooden chair and quilted a fat cushion with a fat back to keep my back from hurting. I don't like computer chairs for quilting as the wheels pick up the threads and what not. I miss the waste basket a lot lol!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:41 AM

I have an Office Depot chair with rollers and arms. It is really comfortable and does not break the bank. Around 59.00 if I can remember correctly. I like the rollers as I can roll from one work station to the other without getting up. LAZY, I know.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:16 AM

A plastic lawn chair with a seat cushion and it is just the right height for me. I am short and have herniated discs in my neck so I don't have to bend while using this chair. I am not much more than eye level with what I am working on.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by barboonie2

So my question is this, how do you use the foot pedal if your knees are on that lower part? I could never use one of those because I have a bad hip and have to keep my right leg stretched out in front of me, or my toes go to sleep and then my sciatic nerve acts up. I have heard lots of people who like them though. Cute dog, Heidi would want to carry him around in her mouth like a baby.
I wonder the same thing. Maybe those who stand or use an unusual chair like this (my dad has one of these, btw) use the button to sew.