Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 PM

Well as you know I love to eat. I don't mind fixing something quick and easy. Or better yet ordering in Pizza making a big salad. I can go either way-Its going to so much fun again!

Can't wait to get together with all of "the good ole gals" but get to know some new ones!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:32 PM

Okay ladies, reservation has been paid for. It is a large amount so if you are committing to come please send me your check! The total for the weekend at the moment is $70. If we have more quilters, the price goes down a little. I will refund all differences at the retreat! Please PM me for an address if you don't have it!

These are the quilters that I have saying they were coming: UglyCook, Lilrain, Bluelady, 2Doods, Feathers, Quilttiludrop, Trish B, PattyJo, Stitchy65, WineWoman, Cobaltjars62, and SewCornie. If you can't make it you will need to find someone to take your place or forfeit the money. I don't mind putting this on my credit card but it is a lot of money to pay interest on! We still have room for more people!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:14 PM

I'd be happy to bring a dozen muffins from Costco (plus lots of tea, of course). Please let me know if you'd like me to pick up other stuff from Costco before driving over to the beach.

Yes, I would be happy to carpool with anyone from the southern section of the Willamette Valley.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:54 PM

I thought about the same thing, except I'll bring cocoa since I don't drink tea or coffee! It sounds as if we all would just like to bring our own food and snacks to share? I'm good with that! I cooked two meals last time thinking it would be fun (and it was!) but I didn't get any sewing done!

I'm happy to drive from the Portland area! I can take 3 comfortably. I'll leave around 1 or so and will be coming back early (8 ish)on Sunday. Let me know if you want to come in my car. We will have room for up to 10 cars!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:07 PM

Oh my goodness this sounds like so much fun! Sew Cornie thanks for the heads up on this thread. I've been a bit MIA since I've had company for a full month and they all just left a few days ago - whew. I need a break. ^^

Not sure we've got the $$ for this right now so I need to have a chat with my DH to see if I could squeak in a weekend away but it sounds brilliant. Also is there an address for the beach house? Maybe if I can show a pretty picture to my DH he'll be more likely to let me go. Heehee....

If I can manage to swing it, I'll bring coffee! But will have to feed myself due to a zillion and a half food allergies... I agree with the more sewing and less cooking.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
I think it was mentioned at our last retreat that we were interested in doing a spring retreat? How many are interested and what weekend should we consider? I have looked at a number of houses in Lincoln City and there are a few that will hold up to 20. Of course, the price isn't nearly as good as the last one but let's see what we can do! PM me if you can come and what weekend would work for you. We'll choose the weekend that is most popular!
I just found this and I want to go!I pm'd you Karen let me know if there is still space. Cindy
Old 04-14-2011, 06:42 AM

Cindy, you're now on the list!

Ladies the cost is going down ever so slightly! Please let me know if you need my address to send a check! I paid for the reservation last night!

Fiddisimus if there is any way to join us, I guarantee you'll have fun! I still have 2 seats left in my vehicle!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:10 AM

Hello.... Wish I could make it, but we made reservations in Yellowstone for our annual trip there. Maybe next time.
Have you hear about the quilt retreats in Roslyn Washington? They have a house that they rent out next door to the quilt shop and the owners are wonderful.. If anyone is interested that would be fun also.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:15 AM

I am so excited!I will bring coffee since I am a big coffee drinker.I have regular coffee and an assortment of flavored coffee,they are all from Louisiana since that is where I have my coffee shipped from.I suggested to Karen we might split the group in half and half bring breakfast fixings and half bring lunch so we don't end up with 20 bags of coffee,20 of mustard an so on...We could fend for ourselves for dinner.Let me know what your thoughts are and I will be happy to organize this piece of it.I am not talking about cooking just getting all the condiments,bread coffee,milk ,lunch meat ect..
Old 04-14-2011, 10:21 AM

Actually the large Stouffers Chicken Lasagna with white sauce is a really good value and quick and easy. With a salad, it would feed around 16, I think. I can pick it up and put it in a large cooler for transporting. Please let me know if you want one?