Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Keurig Single Cup Brewing System >

Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Keurig Single Cup Brewing System

Old 08-04-2011, 07:54 AM

I don't like the coffee--too strong for me and tastes bitter on the ones I have had.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:57 AM

My dauughter bought me one for xmas. I like it. I too hit the large button 2 x for a large cup to go. I don't drink much coffee. Just first thing in morning and then I drink Brisk tea or water.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
We have one we've had it now 2 years and I'd be lost without it. My husband travels a lot so I don't need to waste a pot of coffee anymore or tea. That's the best thing about it I can buy either a box of one flavor or I can just pick up singles to try out. Here we have various coffee's teas, hot cocoa in the winter and ours has the ice tea feature which is wonderful! I have boxes of sweet tea and sweet peach tea. I'd highly recommend it
WOW, I didn't know it had an ice tea function an you can make single servings, do you have to purchase their products? Thank you for the info.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 AM

DH received one for his last B-day from DS#1 and family. They have one, also bought one for their DD to take to college but they aren't big coffee drinkers, tea is what they have most of the time. DH on the other hand is a big coffee drinker, he makes a big Mr Coffee pot each morning, brings a therm cup of coffee with him when he goes into the garage, goes out on errands, etc. Mid afternoon he switches to tea - since it's summer it's ice tea. I've yet to see him make himself a cup in the Keurig, think he doesn't want to put his glasses on to read the directions, LOL! May in Jersey
Old 08-04-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by zyxquilts
My friend got one for her shop & loves it so much, that she got another for home! I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but it makes lovely hot chocolate too! The K cups are pricey, but we've found that Bed, Bath & Beyond seems to have the best selection/price - and they always have those coupons they send out for 20% off too! (Which don't really expire either. I've used a coupon that was 2 years old!)
My Mom purchased hers from here and she loves hers.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:37 AM

It is convenient, but NOT economical. We are considering returning to the old coffeemaker.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:39 AM

I'd love one but don't know if we could afford the machine or the individual coffee packets.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
whatever happened to a good old Melitta cone filter you can use for one cup? Seems like it would be cheaper coffee-wise.
For a one-cupper you can put a regular coffee filter in a mesh colander, sit it on a mug and while holdin the colander handle just pour water through slowly. That's our version of Cowboy Coffee.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:42 AM

I have had two different size models and just love both of them. The coffee pods can get expensive unless you watch for the adds however if you counter the price with the amount of coffee you throw out when you make a full pot and only drink half of it there really is not a difference. Not to mention that you get a FRESH cup each time it is really worth it. Unless it is just you drinking coffee and you only drink a few cups at each sitting I would say get one with the water reservior on it. It saves the refilling it each time you want a cup of coffee. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM

Yes we have one at home and at my office at work. Great coffee maker. There are tons of different coffees, teas, and hot chocolates to choose from and you can buy an attachment that allows you to use your own ground coffee in it as well. So, if you think that the K-cups are too expensive, you can use your own coffee and still just get one cup at a time. Love it!