Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grrrr - what we won't do for our kids!! >

Grrrr - what we won't do for our kids!!

Grrrr - what we won't do for our kids!!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 AM

I think I would do as you suggested and cut out the one that doesn't have to be there. Even though it will be more difficult to do you will be more happier with the results. You will know you did all you could to make a beautiful quilt. I think you are wonderful to take on such a project. Blessing to you for your work.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 AM

I think the idea of fusing it down and stitching it in place is perfect. I also love your freudian misspelling. LOL LOL LOL
Old 09-25-2011, 07:45 AM

IMHO I think you should ask the woman to hand deliver the T-shirt to you, then show her the quilt in progress explaining why it is too late to include it in the top, but you would be more than glad to applique it to the back with a label explaining the quilt. When she understands the problem, hopefully she won't be unreasonable.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by peggyquilts
IMHO I think you should ask the woman to hand deliver the T-shirt to you, then show her the quilt in progress explaining why it is too late to include it in the top, but you would be more than glad to applique it to the back with a label explaining the quilt. When she understands the problem, hopefully she won't be unreasonable.
along with an explanation of why it's not on the front :hunf:

(I know that's easier said than done, but if it were my project, I sure would be tempted)
Old 09-25-2011, 07:58 AM

Oops what a hilarious typo. What a nice (although frustrating) thing you have done here. It would be nice to see your completed quilt if you have the time. Your so right, what we don't do for our kids.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:21 AM

Well the Lil S_ _ _ _ S! What I would do is make a duffle bag to hold the quilt - with the new shirt taking a place of "honor" on the duffle. That way - no fuss, no muss and they should be proud as punch that they hold the honor of having their shirt chosen.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Could you possibly make the quilt into a quillow and use that shirt as the pocket? I don't see how anyone would be offended if their shirt ended up being on top of the quillow.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by cjr
Applique the new shirt over one of your filler blocks. Use only the logo. Since you are so far along they should be grateful for what you have done. It ios their fault you did not receive shirt in timely manner. Besides they have given you a rush job.
Good luck. be sure and post here.
I agree with this comment, use wonderunder, slap on one of the backs that you put in, or one that is not as attractive as you would like, and just do some fun stitching or embroidery around. IT WILL BE LOVELY, u have your tiraide out now and IT WILL BE LOVELY.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:44 AM

Yeah, that slip! Too funny! Freudian for sure!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

You are a warm, wonderful, giving mother to do this, especially when you are down to the wire. My DD just 2 weeks ago asked me to make 2 baby quilts for people where she works who are having babies. Four days ago she called to see if they were done yet? That's my baby girl, although at 33 she's hardly a baby anymore. It's nice for her to think I'm super-quilter, but in reality - still doesn't quite get how much time quilts take, even though I already have the quilt tops done. Oh well, but this time she threatened to pay me for them instead of just making them and sending them. I'll let you know if that happens. lol. Yes, what we won't do for our kids. Good luck on making the deadline, but quilters are dedicated souls and you'll have it done in time.