Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
mim

I'm going to be a cheerleader this month, too. Too many issues and birthdays going on. Congratulationd to our winners. You really encourage us. I didn't change at all in Jan -- call it a plateau I guess.

Mim
Old 02-03-2012, 11:36 AM

I bought the ww pedometer at my 1st meeting wed night. Yesterday I did about 9000 steps. I stood and just walked in place while watching some tv to get quite a few of those. Today I have already done 7400. So far so good! I have done ww a couple of times before and am a lifetime member. This time, with the help of this group, I plan to take off the weight and keep it off.
Does anyone have a recipe for a good dessert/cookie/bar type sweet that I can make to take to a super bowl party? It doesn't have to be a ww recipe but I would need the nutritional info to figure out the points. The cookbook that came with my starting kit did not have any desserts. Go figure.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:22 PM

Well I did it, I went to pulmonary rehab today. I have to weigh in each time and today I finally went below the 190 mark. I also talked to them about having to complete the 36 sessions, they said since my issue was not because of COPD or other lung disease and with how well I am doing that I don't have to complete. I have 2 more session and will be done and can join the gym there for less per month than I thought being a graduate from the pulmonary rehab program. YEAH!!!!!

We love the cheerleaders. Helps keep everyone motivated. Come back when you can.

So what is everyone doing this weekend for the superbowl???? I am working all weekend, family will be putting all the stuff together for food.

Remember eat smart, drink your water and enjoy your protein and veggies.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:27 PM

Flubber yes I consider that fluffy blubber. Lucy use to be able to sit on top of my stomach between the breast and not slide down. She is no longer able to do that. the flubber is going down. Instead of feeling like I look 9 months pregnant, i am looking maybe 5 or 6 months along..LOL

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Flubber?? Is that fluffy blubber? I like that.

I decide to track sugar grams today. A teaspoon equals four grams according to WebMD. The Dove chocolate I just enjoyed had 4 grams, so I just had a teaspoon of sugar. This is going be interesting to say the least. I wonder what a reasonable amount to have for a day would be. I'll have to look some more.

12.5 pounds an amazing weight loss, but is very close to the two pounds a week which is considered a healthy amount to lose. MJ and Jeanne, way to go. January was a long month but February is shorter so we'll see what it brings. I wish you all luck. I need to find a FQ to send very soon.

MJ, this is a Sit n Fit. Sit and be Fit is the name of the TV program I was doing for a while. I am going to restart that next Tuesday, but this time I will modify it to fit my physical limitations.

My goal for the month is another 2 1/2 pounds. On the first, I weighed 146.5, so I'm expecting to be back to the 144 pounds I was before I ate my way through the holidays. Okay, now it's in print so that makes it more real. I encourage all of you to set a goal and post it where you can see it. I usually just write the amount I want to lose on my calendar, but this month I'm writing the goal number. Not 2.5, but 144. We'll see if that works better as a visual. You do not have to post your weight here, but post a goal visible to you. Mirror? Calendar? Planner? Fridge?Wherever suits your lifestyle.

I am gaining control of my weight and becoming healthier.
Judy
Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Well I did it, I went to pulmonary rehab today. I have to weigh in each time and today I finally went below the 190 mark. I also talked to them about having to complete the 36 sessions, they said since my issue was not because of COPD or other lung disease and with how well I am doing that I don't have to complete. I have 2 more session and will be done and can join the gym there for less per month than I thought being a graduate from the pulmonary rehab program. YEAH!!!!!

We love the cheerleaders. Helps keep everyone motivated. Come back when you can.

So what is everyone doing this weekend for the superbowl???? I am working all weekend, family will be putting all the stuff together for food.

Remember eat smart, drink your water and enjoy your protein and veggies.
Very well done Cindy. I for one don't care for sports. So no super bowl for me. My daughter is having a big game snack thingie. I can't eat that stuff so I will probably stay home get cozy with the ole sew machine. I'm in the BOM and think I will work on it. Sounds like a great way to celebrate football to me.LOL My flubber is slowly going down also. I'm down 12 lbs in2 1/2 weeks. I think that is how long. Just a drop in the bucket but it is filling my bucket. So I am very happy.88 lbs to go. phew that sounds horriable,but it isn't 100 lbs anymore.Everyone keep up the good work. Mary
Old 02-03-2012, 03:48 PM

Cindy, congratulations on the drop in weight. We love reaching numbers with a zero on the end.

Mary, decide on a goal for this month and think ? pounds to go, then reset it every month. 88 sounds daunting, 8 sounds doable. It doesn't matter how many pounds you have to lose - what matters is that you are doing it. I see some FQs in your future.

Pam, that's a lot of steps. Good for you.

My jammies are out and my list is made. I stopped in the closer LQS today to see what is available in Asian fabric. Not much, but I found a floral that might be okay. I'll check the other one first. The store was deserted - is everyone waiting for this evening? Rick was bored so he insisted on showing me his new favorite machine. Its name is Scissors and it cuts your threads as you finish a seam. Pretty cool, but the draw for me would be the needle down. I would love to have the needle down on stops when FMQ. Not bad priced, $649, but I'm not in the market. If I had $649 I'd have some new flooring, not another sewing machine. The only thing I want I don't have is a correct blanket stitch. My zigzag machine's blanket stitch goes the wrong direction for applique. I do have a ZZ machine I haven't cleaned yet that may have it.

This sugar gram thing is another eye opener. No hot chocolate before I went walking. Wah, wah, wah, but I will survive.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:06 PM

There is always a "Big Game Party" at church. But they are serving Pizza and everyone brings all kinds of chips and deserts. We are not football watchers but DH does go to this one (He's one of the pastors at the church) I told him I would like to stay home cause I can't eat any of the food there anyway. It would be too tempting for me at this time!!! I will probably stay home and sew and eat my beans! Maybe play some LOTRO on the computer too.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 04:53 PM

Hi,

I tried to send a PM, but I don't think it went through. Can I still join?
I'll try to send another PM

Connie
Old 02-03-2012, 06:16 PM

Greetings Ladies!!! 3rd day of watching what I eat - I could use a candy bar. But daughter is graduating from college in 6 weeks and I need to look a little trimmer. So far had 1/2 bottle of Diet Coke - but I started drinking lots, and lots of water. Have a good weekend.
Di
Old 02-03-2012, 06:34 PM

Please add me as I will be trying to do the taboo tuesday. If anyone has any suggestions please pm me Thanks
Pam S