Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help!  My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it! >
  • Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it!

• Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it!

Old 12-23-2010, 03:09 AM

Dawn dish detergent gets out lots of odors. It is what we used on the dog to get the skunk smell out, it's a degreaser so it removes the oil which is what keeps smelling. Try that. Good Luck.
    Old 12-23-2010, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by LadyJrhi
    Help! This morning, my cat...the darling little putz...knocked over my quilting hoop and peed on the quilt I am making for my step-sister's first baby. DH caught it pretty quickly and has blotted it up and used Nature's Miracle Orange Oxy-Power...but darling kitty has a very pungent pee...think skunk crossed with fresh cut juniper. Since it appears that MANY of us have cats, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? The quilt in question is the one in my picture. I appreciate any help!
    Don't have cats for a reason. That cat would become a "barn cat" real fast. My dogs aren't perfect but they sure don't pee in the house.
    Old 12-23-2010, 05:13 AM

For some wierd reason, one of my cats will wet on clothes that are left on the floor in my laundry room (teenagers, ugh!). I just through the garment in the wash by itself since it has the pee on it and it comes out fine.

Too bad the darn kitty had to choose a not finished quilt to relieve him/herself on! :(

The Sams Club stuff sounds like something us pet lovers should have on hand!
    Old 12-23-2010, 05:19 AM
    JJs
    Banned

If I were you - and I'm not - I would NOT give that quilt to the new mother for the new baby...
    Think about it, she opens prettily wrapped package and is blasted in the face with cat pee smell - so then what is she supposed to do?? At the very least she wonders what the He$% she's going to say - puts her in a dilemma - then she's thinking to herself, "if she thinks I'm putting this stinky blanket on the baby she's crazy"
    You have a cat in the house - you've become 'immune' to cat stink - believe me - people without cats can "tell" no matter what commercials tell you....
    Friends have cats, they INSIST that there is no odor - take my word for it - their house reeks of cat box and cat pee

Don't depend on your own sense of smell in this case -
    finish the quilt later for yourself as a learning experience, but make something else for the new baby....

I could not see myself giving a gift to anyone that an animal had peed on.... 'it's just tacky'
    Old 12-23-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by JJs
    If I were you - and I'm not - I would NOT give that quilt to the new mother for the new baby...
    Think about it, she opens prettily wrapped package and is blasted in the face with cat pee smell - so then what is she supposed to do?? At the very least she wonders what the He$% she's going to say - puts her in a dilemma - then she's thinking to herself, "if she thinks I'm putting this stinky blanket on the baby she's crazy"
    You have a cat in the house - you've become 'immune' to cat stink - believe me - people without cats can "tell" no matter what commercials tell you....
    Friends have cats, they INSIST that there is no odor - take my word for it - their house reeks of cat box and cat pee

finish the quilt later for yourself as a learning experience, but make something else for the new baby....

I could not see myself giving a gift to anyone that an animal had peed on.... 'it's just tacky'
    Halleleuia(sp?)!!! Thank You!! My DDIL has cats. Love her dearly, but not the cats. And the house stinks. Start over on another one and DON'T LET THE @#*%CAT near it. You don't have a cat; the cat has you. My dogs are never allowed near any project I am working on for other people. Allergies and all that; dog hair etc.
    Old 12-23-2010, 05:27 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by JJs

I completely agree...coming from someone who has had cats, can't stand the smell of them, don't want them...and I can smell them right away as well. I walked into a cottage rental once that had had a cat living in it a year before...and been thoroughly cleaned and carpets washed more than once since. I told the owner right away that I smelled cat...and he was very surprised! But I could smell it like it was still living there and would not stay in that cottage.
    Old 12-23-2010, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by LadyJrhi
    Help! This morning, my cat...the darling little putz...knocked over my quilting hoop and peed on the quilt I am making for my step-sister's first baby. DH caught it pretty quickly and has blotted it up and used Nature's Miracle Orange Oxy-Power...but darling kitty has a very pungent pee...think skunk crossed with fresh cut juniper. Since it appears that MANY of us have cats, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? The quilt in question is the one in my picture. I appreciate any help!
    If this was a male cat, did he "spray" instead of urinate? Totally different discharges. Normally it is the spraying from the male cats that is so pungent......and there are products on the market that will truly remove these odors.....but the faster you can get it treated, the better the results you will get.........at a minimum, the strong vinegar and water will help...........
    Old 12-23-2010, 06:06 AM

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/urinestainremoval.htm

Go to this web site for free recipe and instructions. I have used this soooo much and it really works!

Good luck.
    Old 12-23-2010, 06:16 AM

My cat peed on my couch and I used odoban too. It did the trick - even in the summer when it's hot and humid, you can't smell it. I got rid of the cat!
    Old 12-23-2010, 06:19 AM

PS I did not read all the post but wanted to add my 2 cents....Am not certain about cat urine odor, but just recently my guys were working on a vehicle the fuel line a week ago and ended up with "Gas" smell everywhere. The smell I consider the GROSSest! ok Skunk would run right up there with it..
    Anyways, I had tried this skunk deodor stuff I had and it did not even take it out. I had heard about febreeze for laundry and thought I would try it and if it didn't work the clothes were going to the trash. Well, I have nothing but "GREATNESS" to say about the febreeze it got the Gas smell totally out! Definetly a staple in my cupboard now. I soaked it awhile and put some in the wash with it and it was WONDERFUL!