Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 PM

CoventryUK, I just PM'd you! And keep that old spool of thread too!!! They don't make them of wood any more!!!
Janis
Old 09-13-2011, 07:03 PM

I have a Featherweight & 2, 99K's
Old 09-13-2011, 07:49 PM

bsktkeeper, You aren't too far from me, about an hour or 1 1/2 hours, isn't it? What years were your machines made? What kind of 99s do you have? I have the 99-13, which has the knee bar. Are yours the K, meaning they were made in Scotland?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 PM

Just found this and had to join up! I got my FW about 4 years ago. Yes, I have ONLY ONE!! Her name is simply Noir (the french word for Black). I know when I first got it, I looked everything up to find out her pedigree but, its been a while and I don't remember exactly now so I will have to look it up again.

Noir was an ebay purchase and has the scroll plate. She came with a few extras including a buttonholer attachment.

The case is complete but needed the handle replaced. The case also has that weird smell to it that I have been trying to get rid of. I tried Nil-odor and it just made it smell funky with Nil-odor overtones.

The machine itself, I did the entire clean and tune-up myself. I replaced the inner felt pad and the bottom feet. There was a whole laot of thread wrapped around the hand wheel that was dug out.

The foot control is the small button bakolite type but the actual speed control button was broken so it falls out when the control is turned over. It does still work though which is good!

She sews like a dream! I used her all winter in my RV a few years back as well as all summer. She goes to all the quilt classes and retreats I go to. Much easier to transport than my Husqvarna (Viking) #1+.

No picture on this computer to attach, but here is a link to a post I did that shows Noir working in the RV in 2008.
http://needlingthings.blogspot.com/2...n-shoebox.html
Old 09-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Izy

May I introduce 'Trixie'!!! Well I had to pull a few tricks on ebay to get her LOL

She was born in 1958, Scotland. I paid £97.00 and she has several feet accessories but sadly no instructions! She was rather musty but is in very good condition, but I am going to get her serviced to make sure she is running tip top for me!

Can you see the little bobbin that was in one of the boxes, any ideas what machine that would have been used for? It's very tiny, only about 1" long!!

See that little bobbin, any ideas?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256452[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-256444.jpe   attachment-256445.jpe   attachment-256446.jpe  
Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 AM

That bobbin is for a vibrating shuttle machine. I have a Singer 27 (1906) treadle and a Singer 128 (1947) that uses them.

By the way - Trixie is just beautiful! Enjoy your new toy!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
That bobbin is for a vibrating shuttle machine. I have a Singer 27 (1906) treadle and a Singer 128 (1947) that uses them.

By the way - Trixie is just beautiful! Enjoy your new toy!
Yep thats what it is a shuttle bobbin.
Trixie is very pretty, you'll just love having her once you get started with her.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Izy

Thanks, I have a mechanic coming over tonight to check her over for me and show me how to take care of her hopefully! I can't wait to get sewing on her :-D

So its a shuttle bobbin. seems Trixie had an older sister at her last home...I wonder what happened to her, I hope she went to a good home too :cry:
Old 09-15-2011, 07:12 AM

Izy, that is a really nice looking machine.
Hope you have fun sewing with it.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:05 AM

Izy, I thik you can go to Singer and down load a free copy of the manual. Here's the site for you.

http://www.singerco.com/accessories/...manuals/search

You just need to click on the free download place for the manual.
You have a beautiful machine there and I'm sure you will enjoy using it.