Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-03-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Because this is my 1st Bonnie Hunter mystery I'm curious, does she wait until the end for us to sew up all these little pieces? Jan
because it is a Mystery!! we may be working on borders with these geese, or we many end up making another 200 geese for block surrounds. The fun of the task is blind faith it will all come fine in the end. If you have any of Bonnie's books you can look through them and get an idea of how she works. Usually two different blocks, set together to make a unusual whole with a knock out border. She will show the finished quilt the Friday after we have out last clue, and how to assemble. Sometimes the mystery is 8 weeks long, sometimes 7 or 6...
Old 12-03-2017, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Sorry for that huge, in-your-face hand!!

Kalama, I love quilts made from recycled shirts! That is gorgeous and should be it's own quilt.
All my quilts are double sided. Saves on batting expenses, really saves on space in the quilt stack, and I'm getting 2 quilts quilted for the cost of one. Win Win Win
Old 12-03-2017, 12:33 PM

Finished my gaggle. I'll try to upload a picture tomorrow.

My L and E project this year is a two-rail fence block--they stack up fast! I have a Juki, too, and don't really have to do leaders and enders, but I like doing them. All the quilts will be for donations--I enjoy the idea that I'm working on donation quilts while I'm making others--it keeps the giving in the forefront of my mind.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:49 PM

KalamaQuilts, What a great quilt top (back) you've got going there! I think I'll like that bettern than the MQ! :-)

SBG, Good news there, on the finger! It certainly shows in the pic that you cut that piece clean off! You have a polka dot.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:31 PM

I love the picture of your hand......who would have guessed such a clean repair ? Are you a surgeon in your day job?
Old 12-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post

Because this is my 1st Bonnie Hunter mystery I'm curious, does she wait until the end for us to sew up all these little pieces?

Jan
Great clue 1 and 2 units, Jan. Yes, Bonnie has you make all these little units, and only at the end does she tell you how to put them together. It's a ton of work at the end! Once we get to the reveal, there will still be a whole bunch of assembly work to do.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
I love the picture of your hand......who would have guessed such a clean repair ? Are you a surgeon in your day job?
Thanks, no. I just love wound care and have learned how to dress a wound and keep it clean and free from infection. I have taken care of hubby's huge wounds after surgeries he's had. I learned a lot.

If you look closely at the photo, you can see a white bump below and slightly to the right of the cut. That's the scar of the last time I cut off that fingertip. The cuts aren't exactly in the same place... You can see how invisible the healing is. You really can only make out a bump. That one was slightly bigger and the piece came clean off and was lying on the table! I think it healed with a bump because I may have put it back on upside down! LOL. Hard to tell when there's blood everywhere!
Old 12-03-2017, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Great clue 1 and 2 units, Jan. Yes, Bonnie has you make all these little units, and only at the end does she tell you how to put them together. It's a ton of work at the end! Once we get to the reveal, there will still be a whole bunch of assembly work to do.
So assembly isn't a clue? I would have though each of the blocks is a clue, sashing a clue, boarder a clue. This is my first BH mystery so I don't know what to expect..... Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:12 PM

The reveal and final instructions count as the last clue (which has been on New Year's Day the last three times). Anything Bonnie hasn't fit into the clues that come before the reveal ends up in the last clue!
Old 12-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Power Poster

You get a lot dumped on you in the last "clue". Just sayin'... it won't be fast. You can get an idea by reading the threads from some previous BH mysteries that we did together here on the QB.

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt
Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014