"Weigh In"

Old 02-21-2010, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
I need to drop out for now. My lupus is flared up again and the doctor has put me on prednisone again. I find it very frustrating and almost impossible to lose weight while I am taking this drug. He says I need to stay on it for now--I possibly have kidney involvement with my disease and it is essential that I take this drug.
So, please take my name off the list for now--and thank you all for your help up to this point. I wish that as each of you goes through this change in your life, that you will find success and the weight loss you desire!
nellebelles, we don' want you to leave us. This thread is about weighing in with anything you have done to get healthy. Even if you are not losing weight due to your medication, perhaps you are making other changes that you can let us know about. We need each other and encouragement, support are vital here. Your circumstances might make it hard to lose weight right now but we will support you through it. Please stay and let us know how you are doing. You are always welcome here. :-D :thumbup:
Old 02-21-2010, 05:08 AM

I am only weighing in at the end of each month...will weigh-in on Feb 28th. If it's okay, I will post any weight loss (if any) for the total monthly loss post but won't be joining the incentive idea.....though I think it's a great idea.

Wishing you all a healthy day.

ranger
Old 02-21-2010, 12:05 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Lneal
I need to drop out for now. My lupus is flared up again and the doctor has put me on prednisone again. I find it very frustrating and almost impossible to lose weight while I am taking this drug. He says I need to stay on it for now--I possibly have kidney involvement with my disease and it is essential that I take this drug.
So, please take my name off the list for now--and thank you all for your help up to this point. I wish that as each of you goes through this change in your life, that you will find success and the weight loss you desire!
nellebelles, we don' want you to leave us. This thread is about weighing in with anything you have done to get healthy. Even if you are not losing weight due to your medication, perhaps you are making other changes that you can let us know about. We need each other and encouragement, support are vital here. Your circumstances might make it hard to lose weight right now but we will support you through it. Please stay and let us know how you are doing. You are always welcome here. :-D :thumbup:
I agree! I have had systemic lupus for 14 years plus, and think this is not the time for you to opt out. We all would love to support you through the tough times. That's what friends do. Please don't opt out. We want to support you. There are so many good ideas here, too. Please don't shut us out just when you may need us most. :-(
Old 02-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by BrendaB
I agree! I have had systemic lupus for 14 years plus, and think this is not the time for you to opt out. We all would love to support you through the tough times. That's what friends do. Please don't opt out. We want to support you. There are so many good ideas here, too. Please don't shut us out just when you may need us most. :-(
And we can encourage you to keeping your chin up. Even if you don't loss weight you can keep a log of healthy eating and maybe NOT gain any weight. Think about it, A lot of us have medical problems so we know about others we don't we are all in this together and you are part of the WE.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:19 PM

Hi all,
I have two more little ideas:
1. for tea drinkers--add a drop of almond flavoring to your tea--something to look forward to.

2. coffee drinkers--if you have some points/calories to spare, adding a tsp of choc syrup to a cup of coffee makes it an extra special treat.

I'll keep popping in to encourage... (Go! Go! GO!!!) but I don't really want to be involved in an incentive program Sorry!!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:14 PM

Although I have not posted, I have not dropped out. Right now, I am struggling with staying on my program. I am a tad bit unhappy with myself.

Obie
Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 PM

I'm here to give and get encouragement, support, and keep myself in check.
Thanks, but I don't want an incentive program.
I'll keep checking in.

Nellebelles please stay in to give and get encouragement. I understand about the Lupus as my DS has it. She goes through all kinds of ups and downs especially when taking the Prednisone.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:17 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by barnbum
Hi all,
I have two more little ideas:
1. for tea drinkers--add a drop of almond flavoring to your tea--something to look forward to.

2. coffee drinkers--if you have some points/calories to spare, adding a tsp of choc syrup to a cup of coffee makes it an extra special treat.

I'll keep popping in to encourage... (Go! Go! GO!!!) but I don't really want to be involved in an incentive program Sorry!!
Thanks for popping in. It is nice to hear from you again. :-)
Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by obie2
Although I have not posted, I have not dropped out. Right now, I am struggling with staying on my program. I am a tad bit unhappy with myself.

Obie
Obie2, that is when you need us most! No one is perfect and we will all need encouragement. It sure is fun to have people to do it with, so we don't get so hard on ourselves and get stuck. We gotta learn to forgive ourselves, accept that we aren't perfect, and that we will never do it perfectly. We are just fine and lovely the way we are and are getting healthier together, but on our own path. I look so forward to all the posts that are added. I may miss a day or two sometimes, but I can't go very long without reading how everyone is doing. Give yourself credit for anything positive you have done, and don't look back. There are times when tiny steps is all we can do. I'll bet you can find some positives if you try. :-) I hope you are having a great weekend.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 PM

Does anyone want to "Weigh In"? This would be a quick report of our progress made. I'm sure it would encourage others and even keep us motivated!! I'm talking about lbs lost, or staying with an exercise routine, taking our vitamins ect... anything we are doing to get healthy.

Just recently someone asked "Can we diet and quilt at the same time"?

Well? I'll start: Lost 2lbs, keeping food journal, and Exercising!
I guess I missed a few posts, but I want to be in and incentive program works for me. What do I do to help with that? I will weigh in on Mar 1 with total pounds lost or gained, and current weight. Will I PM you with this or just post it? I'm sure you answered this question someplace in those 53 pages.....LOL! Thanks so much.
I have fibromyalgia and vertigo and some days spend a lot of it in bed. But I am honest and would not lie to win 6 FQ's! Or 10, or 30. I just want to be supportive of others and try to get some weight off my belly and other places South. I'm watching this thread, so will grt the messages, I hope.
Diana YTQ