Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • 5 Things You Didn't Know about........ >
  • 5 Things You Didn't Know about........

• 5 Things You Didn't Know about........

Old 11-17-2011, 10:04 AM

I too am fascinated by these lists.... I guess I did inherit my mothers nosy gene after all.

So here are my 5:

1. I don't know what color my hair really is. I started coloring it in my 20's when I started to get a white skunk streak on the top of my head. Its been 30+ years.

2. I teach reading to adults or English as a second language. (Although I am not a teacher by trade)

3. I decided at 15 that I didn't want children and have not changed my mind. Dogs...now that is a different story.

4. I'm a roller coaster junkie.

5. I have been married twice - both to older men. My first husband was 13 years older, my current husband is 22 years older. My first husband used to work for my current husband. He had a machine shop that employed about 50 guys; so now when people ask me how we met.... I usually say... "the first time or the second time".... LOL
    Old 11-17-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by kuseta
    My mom will know these, except for the last one.

1. taught my mom to quilt
    2. have 2 kids and 17 cats
    3. still have my first car, 1965 Mustang convertible
    4. have worked at the same place for 24 years doing software support
    5. would love to learn to waterski
    That doesn't surprise me. Go for it
    Old 11-22-2011, 10:32 AM

1. I love mice (cute mice). I collect mice figurines, fabric etc. Drives my family nuts - but I love them.
    2. I am a cancer survivor and I BEAT IT!
    3. I was in HR for almost 20 years and now am in accounting. Numbers are easier to deal with than people!
    4. I've lived in 7 countries and 8 different states in my life (born to and married military).
    5. I have a son-in-law in the Army Rangers, a daughter and son-in-law in the Air Force, my father was Navy and my first husband was a Marine, and my DH is retired from the Army. When my daughter was sworn in, she was the 5th generation of my family to go military and she was the first female.
    Old 11-26-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Roqueing is walking the rows in the fields digging or pulling up weeds. It is a hot long job. I never rogued but had friends who did. I detasseled which is walking the rows of cornfields and pulling all the tassels off the cornstalks.
    I guess I am a city girl after all, I have never heard of those terms before. I have pulled weeds but have never heard of detasseled the corn before. We always pulled the ears and detasseled them when we shucked the ears getting them ready for freezing or to be cut off.
    Old 11-26-2011, 02:47 PM

Wonderful thread!! And mine:
    1) Married last May to my 3rd (and last!) hubby. Such a wonderful loving man! We graduated HS together, then met up again on facebook last year! Greg's in two different bands, so we have fun - he plays the music for me to dance to all night!

2) I have four kids, three sons, one daughter, all grown. And three grandsons and two granddaughters. The quilts I've made them all have all been posted on here.

3) Just went back to work the end of last February, after being on unemployment for two years. MI unemployment rate still isn't the greatest. I'm really missing the time I had to quilt, but am very thankful to have a job!

4) ELCA Lutheran since 1994. Have been Sunday School teacher, Congregational President last year, and Council Member. Still very active, and love it! Such a great group of people, church!

5) Will be getting my Associates in Business Admin this Spring! I think I started for it in 2001, then had unfortunate last marriage to a unsupportive/verbally abusive man.... Current dearheart paid for the one remaining class I needed to take! My daughter will also be getting her bachelor's and my youngest daughter-in-law will also be getting her Associates in Bus. Admin - all three of us at the same time! We're going to have one huge partaay!!
    Old 11-26-2011, 02:56 PM

This thread just proves we are all interesting people.

My list:

1. Worked at Magic Mountain: first as a Troll character, second in the wild animal area - got to carry a newborn elk into the night enclosure [it was born just as we were rounding up the animals for the night and he was so new, he couldn't walk very steadily - his mom seem to know I was helping because she just followed me quietly].

2. Made two guitars in wood shop in middle school - one each year (private school).

3. Finished my BA in 1999 while working full-time and raising our 11 year old son.

4. Our son is in the Navy, considering moving to Army.

5. Collect Starbuck gift cards, when I can.
    Old 11-26-2011, 02:59 PM

1. My mother died when I was 13.
    2. I joined the airlines at 20 and was a flight attendant for 13 years.
    3. My first husband and I were married for 12 years and I have a son who is now 29.
    4. My second husband and I will be married 20 years next October and we will celebrate by going on a cruise with my son and his wife.
    5. I have one step grandchild (boy) and one grandchild (boy) and my stepdaughter is ready to deliver any day (probably a boy).
    Old 11-26-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by MollieSue
    Wonderful thread!! And mine:
    5) Will be getting my Associates in Business Admin this Spring! I think I started for it in 2001, then had unfortunate last marriage to a unsupportive/verbally abusive man.... Current dearheart paid for the one remaining class I needed to take! My daughter will also be getting her bachelor's and my youngest daughter-in-law will also be getting her Associates in Bus. Admin - all three of us at the same time! We're going to have one huge partaay!!
    Congratulations! And have a blast at your party.

I graduated with my BA 3 weeks before my oldest graduated from HS. We had one h**l of a party to celebrate
    Old 11-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Thank you so much, Gramajo!!
    And Good for you too!!
    Old 11-26-2011, 04:30 PM

here goes: I am the oldest of eight children
    I graduated highschool in wichita kansas
    Met my husband of a blind date( of which neither of us wanted to go) it was love at first glance
    worked at a glove factory, then made shoe patterns at a shoe factory for about 19 yrs
    husband and I retired and ran a small saw for about 8 yrs, THEN Quilting came along

d.swindle