Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When you travel do you go to quilt shops? >

When you travel do you go to quilt shops?

When you travel do you go to quilt shops?

Old 04-09-2010, 04:13 PM

Oh, my yes! When we go, I plan out the best route to hit the most shops. TN is full of wonderful quilt/fabric stores and are very helpful.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:18 PM

We travel in an RV a lot and love Amish towns. Naturally I buy and buy and buy. I will never live long enough to use all the fabric and ideas I have, but, then again, I will never be bored.
The first things I load in the RV is my machine and those reusable supermarket bags with projects in each.
Life is Good
Old 04-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Banned

I wont be traveling for a long time, but if I do I will look. :wink: Penny
Old 04-09-2010, 04:42 PM

If I am traveling without DH, yes. When he is along, we stop for nothing but food and gas! I will be taking my DD to college in Ohio next August and I am hoping DH decides not to come. I would like to take my time coming home and see some of the country I have not seen before and definitely check out some quilt shops! I love him dearly, but . . .!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Arizona Sunrises
I'm doing exactly that this weekend in CA!!
What area will you be in? There's a great quilt shop in Fresno - Central Calif. Let me know if you want the details.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:47 PM

You bet I do! My daughter used to live in Kansas, so I'd head up through East Texas, along the Indian Nation Hwy, through Tulsa, and southern KS, stopping all along the way at neat little shops. My daughter couldn't figure out why it took me so long to get there, until she found the telling bags of fabric in the back end of the car. It was in those small-town shops I found the traditional fabrics I love. One time, I even met a cousin I'd been corresponding with about genealogy in a quilt shop in OK. That gave us two things in common, right off the bat. Why would one even leave home, if one couldn't find a few quilt shops?
Old 04-09-2010, 04:59 PM

What would a roadtrip be without stopping at any shops you can....lol. My DH drove a truck for a long time and he would watch for signs on the interstate and look when he was going through towns. He found several good ones for me over the last few years. And when he goes with me 9 times out of 10 I end up waiting on him to get done looking when I get done.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:12 PM

I bought a copy of Quilter's Travel Companion, which lists shops by state, with maps and directions. Valuable! See you all in Paducah? I have tickets to KAFFE fASSETT, can hardly wait!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:00 PM

Several of you said that you were married to the best man. But that can't be,for I am! He takes a magazine, book or ipod touch and keeps himself occupied. He even programs all the quilt shops in the GPS for me before I go anywhere. We've been married for almost 23 years and we are sweeter on each other now than ever before! <3
Old 04-09-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Don't your hubbies figit and complain when you explore quilt/fabric shops?
Actually if mine goes he searches for the ugliest fabric in the store and makes me buy a yard of it for making him go.
ROTFLMAO! This cracks me up! I think that DH has one great sense of humor!! I think I would just have to take all of these "ugly" pieces and make a quilt for his birthday!

:lol: